Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.09.2012, 07:33 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Couple of questions. . . .

I have a lot of soft synths and feel that I want to expand my pallet. Not to mention if after a period of time if that changes the hardware unit will have a better resale then software. Also I use Pro Tools 9 HD3 & Logic 9 on a first gen intel Mac Pro how well does the Total Integration feature work? FWIW I don't mind committing to audio tracks as I record. So I don't need to keep the Virus tracks virtual for the entire session. I was considering the Snow model but I really think I will regret not having all the knobs and buttons. If any one could answer my questions above I would really appreciate it to help me decide if the Virus TI2 Desktop will be a good fit for me.
Thanks!

Last edited by Soundtrack2life : 14.09.2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11.09.2012, 07:54 PM
New here

And one more question. . . if I did change my mind and go with the Snow how much trouble would it be to map my Axiom 61 (gen 1) or Axiom Pro 49 to control it in lieu of having all the knobs and buttons on the Desktop model.
Thanks again. . .
Old 11.09.2012, 09:17 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

you can map and save your settings with the virus control panel pretty easily.

the snow has only 4 instances as opposed to the 16 instances you get with a TI desktop, or keyed model.

I would go all the way and get the TI desktop
Old 12.09.2012, 05:09 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrack2life View Post
And one more question. . . if I did change my mind and go with the Snow how much trouble would it be to map my Axiom 61 (gen 1) or Axiom Pro 49 to control it in lieu of having all the knobs and buttons on the Desktop model.
Thanks again. . .
you could map the midi keyboard to the virus directly and do some sort of mapping, provided you know the CC numbers and assign them to the knobs and stuff on the midi controller, or just use assign the controllers to the virus control plug-in, just like with any other plug-in out there. but even with the snow, you still have three soft knobs - check out access's video on that, two knobs for filters, mod and pitch wheel are instantly usable, so that should almost cover it for any controlling needs - what you could be missing is the build the sound from scratch twisting knobs, rather then going through menus on the plug-in action, so yeah...
Old 12.09.2012, 03:06 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
what you could be missing is the build the sound from scratch twisting knobs, rather then going through menus on the plug-in action, so yeah...
Hmmm looks like this will be the big up for the Desktop version!
Old 12.09.2012, 09:10 PM
New here

Well I pulled the trigger on the TI2 Desktop I should have it tomorrow. I have been checking out some of the demos of the soundsets available for the Virus and I am very impressed (enough to purchase it). So I hope all goes well integrating it into my studio with Pro Tools & Logic. . . . .
Joe
Old 13.09.2012, 04:54 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Well I pulled the trigger on the TI2 Desktop I should have it tomorrow. I have been checking out some of the demos of the soundsets available for the Virus and I am very impressed (enough to purchase it). So I hope all goes well integrating it into my studio with Pro Tools & Logic. . . . .
Joe
Yeah its a killer sounding synth & thats what sold it for me. You did the right thing & went with the desktop trust me. Let us know how you get along with the plug in as the RTAS, VST & AU versions all seem to have different levels of stability.
Old 13.09.2012, 02:34 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Joe
congrats on your new synth!
Old 13.09.2012, 03:22 PM
New here

Thanks! BTW the TI2 Desktop arrived about an hour ago. I un-boxed it and sat it in the studio. I have some things to do the next couple of hours and then I have a session later today. So I may not even get to turn it on for about another 12 hours. . . . damn its killing me I hope that I am one of the lucky ones when I integrate it into Pro Tool & Logic. I will let you know how I make out.
Joe
Old 13.09.2012, 06:36 PM
New here

OK so I made a moment this afternoon (I couldn't resist LOL) to install TIOS 5.0.1.05 Public Beta and then I opened up Pro Tools 9 inserted the plug in to a track and flipped through a few dozen patches. Damn this thing sounds SICK! I am blown away I did not get into anything too deep . . . but it played back without any issues. So once I get into it I hope it continues to be a smooth ride! As soon as I put it through its paces (torture test) I will report back how it integrates into my system.
Joe