Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.11.2013, 09:22 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I work with fast bpm many times to. automation works fine for me with the Virus C, so I presume will work just as well with the ti/snow. I didn't go into audio range kind of modulation, but there's a way to make the automation points smaller in logic (similar to time stretch but with the automation points), then just repeat those little steps, then a group of them, and you'd be 20Hz or more in next to no time. you could save a whole bank of those to call back to them when you need them. you can also use Reaktor to create or assemble something that would suit your needs, and then send the signal to the Virus, could even be activated with the pedal or anything else, easily. don't know how the Virus would cope with a cc#3>pitch assignment and the midi message telling it to go faster then 20Hz, would presumably sound similar to fm but maybe with a ton of aliasing on tops? damn, will have to try this myself to... just to see what happens!

and about the audio rate modulation. if one piece of equipment doesn't do it, don't blame it. just add something that does that to your setup, like the Blofeld - and explore the sounds you can do with it that you can't on the Virus and vice-versa. any machine will have it's own set of limitations, despite of price, what would you say of a 3k moog with just low pass filter? it's good doing what it does and that's good, right?

fm is a kind of audio rate mod, and the virus excels in it's fm sound (can't get enough of the positive tri mode myself). would also like to see them make this lfos the "classic", and then present us with some more that could go into insanely fast rates, like 2Khz, and selectable as fm sources. filter fm would also be cool of course, same goes for am sounds. it's been said many times over here, willing to bet someone at Access has already read some of it! but on the other hand I don't see how they could implement every known feature of every synthesizer in there and still call it Virus. user drawable waves for both OSC and LFO's (along with multi-stage EG) wouldn't hurt coupled with complete range lfos (which would of course double as oscillators when not modulating anything, and hence the non practicallity of this demand, since they'd more then likely would have to multiply the current dsp used by 10..)

but it wouldn't be fair, as they'd totally kill every single VA on the market by doing so. and they could start making some analogue monster of a synth in the spare time (more then 10 years with the ti, this new one would continue to sell for a century for sure).
Old 06.12.2016, 09:28 PM
New here
New here

Been making some effect chains in my snow and started to toy around with the env follower, which I have yet to get my head around since I cannot really hear it do anything apart from attenuating the volume when bringing in the "level". Regardless of how my modmatrix looks (as the env follower is replacing the filter env as far as I can tell - I was expecting things to happen when I was routing that to affect various stuff). Did anyone get it to work?

Also, is there a way to map the three Env follower parameters: "level", "attack" and "release" to either the softknobs, mod matrix or to control it with external midi somehow? Can't find the names listed in there, but maybe I overlooked something.