Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 03.12.2004, 01:26 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid
Default rendering stuff from virus as wav?

so ive played around with my virus for a bit and now i wanna render it, reimport it as a wav file in floops and pile some VSTi effects on it. how do i do this? i have my delta 1010 sending midi out to the midi in on the virus. virus generates the sound from those instructions and sends it from the stereo out into the stereo input of my soundcard. every time i render it, its just silence. nothing. have i hooked it up wrong or is there something i need to do on the virus before i can record it? thanks in advance.
Old 03.12.2004, 04:29 AM
This forum member lives here

If you are running something other than the TI or a Poco, you'll need to record the Virus into your computer as a wave file, rather than render to wave.

Virus audio outs - to sound card audio ins.
Select an audio channel and press record (or play then record depending what software you are running). Any sound going into your sound card will be recorded to the corresponding audio track.

Oh, and make sure you have all the ins and outs on the 10/10 set up correctly with in the software you are trying to record into.

That should do it.

PS. If anyone has more time than I do today, please give a more detailed explanation on what rendering is.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 03.12.2004, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
PS. If anyone has more time than I do today, please give a more detailed explanation on what rendering is.
U know when you build a house, and it is just bricks, and then you think it looks too ugly, so you can render it, and put like plaster or something on the outside, and then paint it.......

Seriously, I've got no idea. Im just bored.....

Yeah. like HC said, once you have recorded your MIDI sequences, open up an audio track and solo it. Now solo the MIDI track you want as audio. Now plug your Virus audio outs into your soundcard, and set up the audio tracks inputs as the same ones you just plugged the virus into, press record ready on the audio track and hit record!!!!!!

Bingo

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 03.12.2004, 03:58 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

the main problem i had is that you playback the virus using the MIDI out plugin in floops. only it doesnt have a mixer channel. i figured out that you can set on the mixer to receive sound from a source. so i set it to receive sound from inputs 1 and 2 on my delta 1010. the dB meters start jumping in time with the sound the virus is makign and i can put effects on the virus so ive got it in the mixer. when i record it to disk using the record feature on the mixer it only records silence in non realtime recording. in realtime recording it works fine though and it records automation! so i guess its problem solved. maybe the non realtime recording thing is a bug in floops. i should check that up. thanks to everyone that pointed out you gotta record stuff from hardware, not just render the whole track and expect the virus to play back in the recording too used to the convenience of VSTs
Old 04.12.2004, 10:12 AM

Ahh, Fruity loops right?

Well can't really help you with that. Never used it, so I wouldn't have the faintest.

Sounds like you have managed a work around though. Hope it all works out for ya.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 04.12.2004, 07:20 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

sorry, did i call it floops again? just habit its remarkably versatile considering how much it costs, there really is a work around for practically everything except maybe true sidechaining. but there are other ways to manually duck frequency, velocity that make more sense (at least to me) but takes a long time to set up.