Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.11.2005, 10:25 PM
New here
New here

Default keys not working on Ti KB

Hi there,

I just got my Ti KB today and i am having one problem. I Installed the latest software etc. from the site. I am using SX 3. I opened up a file with a string section and when i play the song with Ti as output it works fine....but...If i stopt he song, and just play some notes nothing happens. No sound.....even if i use headphones....no sound......BUT if i play from another synth as my controller and select my Ti in SX as my output....it plays the Ti sounds perfectly.........so am i crazy or is there some way to deactivate the actual keys of my synth...?? it seems to be working fine as a module but any keys played from the actual hardware itself do not play......im desperate....thanks for any help!!
Old 26.11.2005, 09:12 PM
New here
New here

Default Is there a "local on" global setting?

The "local on/off" setting on most keyboards will tell the keyboard to respond to its own keys or the keys of another instrument. If you want to use the TI's keys, the "local" setting needs to be "on".

I do not know if this is called something else on the Access TI, but I would review the global parameters for the instrument.

--Hank
Old 26.11.2005, 09:58 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
If i stopt he song, and just play some notes nothing happens. No sound.....
what is the defaulte setting for your midi track input menu? you should try 'all midi inputs'.

are you trying to use the Ti through the USB link or just with plain ol midi?

Best,
midi.
Old 28.11.2005, 06:26 AM
New here
New here

Default Re: keys not working on Ti KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretdj
Hi there,

I just got my Ti KB today and i am having one problem. I Installed the latest software etc. from the site. I am using SX 3. I opened up a file with a string section and when i play the song with Ti as output it works fine....but...If i stopt he song, and just play some notes nothing happens. No sound.....even if i use headphones....no sound......BUT if i play from another synth as my controller and select my Ti in SX as my output....it plays the Ti sounds perfectly.........so am i crazy or is there some way to deactivate the actual keys of my synth...?? it seems to be working fine as a module but any keys played from the actual hardware itself do not play......im desperate....thanks for any help!!
yep, sounds like hankdennemann's got the same suggestion as I have:
hit your config button to the left of the KB's LCD. go to "Keyboard 1/5" and turn "Local" back to "on"...
that would seem to be the issue if you're able to trigger the TI sounds from another controller.

Hope that's all it is!
also hope that v1.07 of the OS is helping you as much as me
sync is only a *little* squirrely now...maybe by v1.08 it'll be rock solid
Old 01.12.2005, 08:05 PM
New here
New here

that seemed like a good idea....BUT, this is the Ti KB, in 'config' there is no 'keyboard 1/5' and i dont anywhere to turn local on....any other ideas? thanks
Old 01.12.2005, 08:27 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretdj
that seemed like a good idea....BUT, this is the Ti KB, in 'config' there is no 'keyboard 1/5' and i dont anywhere to turn local on....any other ideas? thanks
mine's a Ti Keyboard as well and as I scroll thru the "config" parameters, 'keyboard 1/5' is the page on which I see the control for local keyboard on/off...what OS are you on? I'm running the 1.07(latest), but I know it was on 1.06 as well...
Old 01.12.2005, 09:57 PM

It's on all versions, so keep looking - it's there!

Mr O
Old 07.12.2005, 12:08 AM
New here
New here

im having the same problem here with my virus KC, i cant find enable keyboard. Any Suggestions.
Old 07.12.2005, 12:28 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita_2006
im having the same problem here with my virus KC, i cant find enable keyboard. Any Suggestions.
when you repeat hitting your "config" key (to the left of the LCD), you should see:
1 - system 1/5
2 - Random PG
3 - midi 1/3
4 - recive midi dump
5 - midi control
6 - Keyboard 1/5
7 - inputs 1/2
8 - audio clock
9 - soft knob 1
10 - knob behavior
11- global tuning

when you get to 'Keyboard 1/5', soft knob 1 allows you on/off for your Local Keyboard control.

If you have the USB hooked up, you may have to turn the local on whenever you start up your host program.
Old 07.12.2005, 02:07 AM
New here
New here

i pressed that button about 5 million times, I even replaced my keyboard controler module. My KC boots up as "Virus C" not "KC"

i was looking at the the OS 6.5 patch and at one part of all the fixed it says:

" OS 5.00 (Build 269)

- Under certain circumstances, the Virus KC disabled it's keybaodr controller. (fixed)
"

This is the problem I am having, and i have no idea how to fix it