Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Closed Thread

Old 18.06.2006, 05:25 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
Even if they offer me a new unit, Im pretty close to the point where I merely ask for my money back and buy a C
Yeah, I have the same thoughts. I have enough problems geting my work done already, dont have time or energy or even money for all this beta testing.

I found the nord 3 temting, lately. Its a great machine to work with, and everything works aparently, for starters!
Old 18.06.2006, 05:29 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D
I guess access should have continued selling the C-series too until the TI is working properly. It's very risky to sell only 1 product (TI). I guess the virus powercore and Virus Classic aren't selling much anymore.
maybe not, but considering their deal with DigiDesign and Virus TDM being included with every copy of Pro-Tools TDM sold I don't think they'll ever have to worry about cashflow.

Also, I think it is worth noting that after 1.1 beta came out there were a load of posts from people who the new OS had solved all their problems. Considering now we are getting a few people saying they are getting their gear replace it looks like there might have been a dodgy run at some point. I guess before now they just assumed all the problems were due to the OS and plugin rather than hardware and now are realising there is a problem with some hardware.
Old 18.06.2006, 09:36 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
Even if they offer me a new unit, Im pretty close to the point where I merely ask for my money back and buy a C
Yeah, I have the same thoughts. I have enough problems geting my work done already, dont have time or energy or even money for all this beta testing.

I found the nord 3 tempting, lately. Its a great machine to work with, and everything works aparently, for starters!
Ironically I was looking on the web for the best quote on a lead 3 rack when I stumbled across the initial Access press release - I preordered on the 10th NOV O4, then waited till OCT 05 for my unit to show up, and in JUN 06 I still dont have a working TI. If nothing else this release is starting to make me feel my age

cheers

Blay
Old 18.06.2006, 02:41 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Guys,

I dont think ive ever seen a new synth hit the market so totally fucked up and flawed. I feel for you....there is nothing that you could have done....you had to buy it......looked a sweet deal didnt it....nice pictures and bright snazzy colors

My message to Access is this: Dump the TI aspect for the time being....and get all standalone issues ironed out first. Only when the Virus is running 95% stable should you then introduce the other 101 confounding variables. Your driving your customer base insane. No one knows whats causing the problems...is it software? is it hardware? is it my soundcard? is it my computer? is it my sequencer? FFS there was a time when you switched a synth on, spent 2 mins making a kick ass fat fucking analog sound and laid some huge tracks. WTF is going wrong with music technology????????? Why the hell are we spending ever increasing amounts of time getting gear to work when that time should be spent on the creative process???

Totally Insane

Cheers

DS

Couldn't have agreed more!

The reason why I got into this synthesizer was its unique effects section:
- 16 parts, each with its own dedicated reverb and delay section!
Thats it, and I paid ?1550 for this to work.
What did I get....
- 3 parts in standard midi operation, though working perfectly and flawlessly, but that's not what I paid for at all.

The really frustrating aspect is that the plugin is better on some features, and the standard midi with cables is better on something else....
This is just terrible, and with the new 1.1.1 things is only 3-4% better in my case...now what the hell is that all about, me being reporting exact problems to Access since December last year!!
This feels like a dead end street, nothing to gain at all.
I think I have to return this synthesizer, and get a NL3 instead for now.
I will most likely get the TI at a later stage, if those specific issues get straightened out all together!
Old 18.06.2006, 03:24 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

My Desktop TI has gone back to Access.
The dealers are providing me with a replacement from stock.
I have asked them to update it 1.1 and test it.
If it plays up once, they can keep it, simple as.
Old 18.06.2006, 03:41 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidfire
You say some of your fella producers got almost zero problems...
Well, I just don't believe them at this moment as there is definitely a problem with the amounts of parts and hiss within patches for a vast deal of us....and as you and they explains...the problems are exactly the same.
Even a technician friend of mine who runs a shop got the same problems with hiss and multitimbrality issues!
Obviously those with problems on forums will appear the most vocal, but its hard to grasp exactly what percentage of TI users that genuinely represents.

Anyways, my two friends in question are Paul Moelands and Envio, who've had various trance releases under labels like Armada, so I trust their judgement.

At most Paul said he'd experienced a hung note once every 4 hours, but that otherwise his Desktop with 1.1beta was very stable. Same story with Envio (both running USB mode mind, but no issues in playing solo standalone like I have)

Which again just makes the picture very confusing, is there a HUGE dodgy batch of machines out there?!?. If there is, my god I wouldn't want to be in Access's shoes right now. I mean how do you know which works and which doesn't.

Can they trace it down to a batch range and if so, be brave (and indeed apropriate) enough to make a full on product recall!, instead of just waiting for users to send in bug reports to keep it hush hush.

If it is OS based, again, why such differeing problems?. Like i say, Envio and Paul know how to push a machine hard for trance stuff, I really don't think they're lying about the performance, both suffered problems with 0.9 and 1.1 fixed it for them.

Certainly there is absolutely no reason why a synth of this power can't be 100% crash free stable in midi mode at least.

I have another synth here, it also has flash based OS, is very powerful, individual fx per part. I'm talkin about the Supernova II, best synth novation ever made (shame its no longer in production). I'd never ever sell mine, its much older design than the Virus, but still stands up to the best. But the best part of all about that synth?, it has never crashed out on me once, not ONCE, in the years I've had it.

I thought the Virus would complement it perfectly in my setup with its own flavour of sound, that is of course, if it worked!

Soo.. i have a big decision to make. Wait for a fix (be it OS or machine replacement), or.. get a Virus Classic.... or, get out now while i can, get my money back, buy something else entirely.

The fact others have waited so long for a similar holy grail of stability is what puts me off waiting for everything to be fixed :/

Still waiting further feedback from access support...
Old 18.06.2006, 04:20 PM
Administrator

A friend from over on the Korg Forums also had a Polar, updated the 1.1 OS and experienced the SatanSaw. The Virus also had no sound output when first switched on, until messed around with. These probs were both in standalone mode. Needless to say the Polar is going back (and staying there). A massive shame as she loved it to bits.

This is going to be expensive for Access.

PS > Arksun..... of 'Arisen'?
Old 18.06.2006, 04:28 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
A friend from over on the Korg Forums also had a Polar, updated the 1.1 OS and experienced the SatanSaw. The Virus also had no sound output when first switched on, until messed around with. These probs were both in standalone mode. Needless to say the Polar is going back (and staying there). A massive shame as she loved it to bits.

This is going to be expensive for Access.

PS > Arksun..... of 'Arisen'?
Can we get our money back? Ive had mine for about 3 months...
Old 18.06.2006, 05:06 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

I am sorry to hear about all these issues still with 1.1.1.
I owned my TI for 2 weeks until my gut told me to return it until it works.
I ended up getting a virus c and probably will not look back for a while.
This is a bummer becuase access sound are amazing. While the TI concept is VERY apealing, I stop and remind my self that some of my favorite/influences such as Astral Projection, MFG, infected mushroom.........
were all using virus a and b 16 bit 44.1 and good old fashioned midi.......

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 18.06.2006, 05:16 PM

I would be happy even if only the good old fashioned midi was stable on the TI...

Im still making use of the unit with numerous workarounds - but the fact I have to record numerous takes to get one without crackles and hiss certainly gets frustrating.

cheers

Blay
Closed Thread