Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.12.2005, 08:22 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default Is it funny?

copied directly from access site
"Thanks to Access? proprietary driver technology the VIRUS becomes the first hardware synthesizer with sample-accuracy timing with a delay-compensated audio/MIDI connection to your favourite software sequencer. Forget about sloppy arpeggiators and basses you can?t decide are playing before or behind the beat.
Sound editing and management has never been easier."

Come on access,please do us the favour. I'm still waitin to hear an arp playing the same for 8 bars
Old 06.12.2005, 08:40 AM
Veteran
Veteran

diy - what host are you using?

Do you see any CPU spikes whilst the sequencer is playing?
Old 06.12.2005, 09:49 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: Is it funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy
I'm still waitin to hear an arp playing the same for 8 bars
Apart from having to reload the "Saved as" VSTi virus control settings (Logic 5.5.1.)just the once when opening the track we are having no problems. even when looping and recording Vocals for hours...
And if it should lose its APR timing (Which is rare) we just reload the Virus Vsti "Save as setting" and were Back on track...
I think we'll be using 5.5.1. for years Stuff Macs
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 06.12.2005, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
diy - what host are you using?

Do you see any CPU spikes whilst the sequencer is playing?
I haven't noticed any spikes,but i use VC for experimental purposes yet.When I want to work almost trouble free I use the TI as a normal midi synth. I see the same behaviour of VC on SX 2.2 and 3.1 e.g stuck midi and arp drift.
Old 06.12.2005, 08:18 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I dont know about sample accurate, but on some days when the sun is shining and Ive sacrified a chicken or two so the gods are smiling too, then I do get wonderfully in sync arps out of the TI.

Sadly this only seems to be via Virus control via usb audio - which makes me wonder what the hell is going on with audio latency, timing latency or whatever with analoge out when VC is running... (ie arp being a good beat behind, yet changing chord pattern at the right time and hence sounding completely hosed).

Shame for the TI that my references for decent arp accuracy are my V-Synth and Motif ES doing a perfect job allways via regular good old fashioned midi and analogue audio...
Old 06.12.2005, 08:45 PM
New here
New here

Default Re: Is it funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy
Come on access,please do us the favour. I'm still waitin to hear an arp playing the same for 8 bars
Hua hua hua !
My viruses could never stay on sync !
At last I sold them (KB & C)
I used a wonderful QY700 at that time, with a 480 ppq resolution !
I just don't have a server anymore to upload a great piece to listen to (about 9min long, 32 channels used), where many arps ruined the groove. The virus sound was great though.
I don't use audio editing.

It was a matter of luck, sometimes well syncronized arp, sometimes sucky.
Old 07.12.2005, 04:14 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

girl next door wrote
Quote:
I think we'll be using 5.5.1. for years Stuff Macs
that sounds just beautiful, to my ears. yoo weee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08.12.2005, 08:36 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

about a year ago i posted a few 'help me' threads about my virus b playing back drunkenly and not achieving arp sync properly. especially at high cpu loads.

i hope whatever problem there is with the TI will work for previous iterations of the virus. like a retrofit patch. but to say this problem is exclusively with the TI is wrong. ive seen it happen on a VC on my rig and it still happens on my VB.

i still maintain that it has nothing to do with the virus hardware or OS (Because many VB and VC users do not have this problem) but rather with the combination of software and drivers i am using or a problem with one or all of them interacting.

i have had a few problems with M-Audio's Delta ASIO driver in FL Studio 5.0. all of them remain unfixed as of the latest driver revision. I assume my drunken virus is somehow related to the Delta ASIO driver or the Delta ASIO driver inside FL Studio 5.0. for TI owners that never experienced this problem with their old VCs and VBs i guess it could be a Vcontrol thing...shrugs.
Old 08.12.2005, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Kid
i have had a few problems with M-Audio's Delta ASIO driver in FL Studio 5.0. all of them remain unfixed as of the latest driver revision. I assume my drunken virus is somehow related to the Delta ASIO driver or the Delta ASIO driver inside FL Studio 5.0. for TI owners that never experienced this problem with their old VCs and VBs i guess it could be a Vcontrol thing...shrugs.
I will try to check how virus behaves with my audigy2 on my internet pc for curiosity sake, but I think asio has little to do with midi timing especially if
you dont use VCntrl. My jp 8080 and mc 505 have rock solid timing with my emu 1820m. Virus arpegiator plays the first 4bar midi part in sync and then goes out of sync. I've tried all the possible configuration settings. Any ideas?
Old 09.12.2005, 03:09 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Kid
about a year ago i posted a few 'help me' threads about my virus b playing back drunkenly and not achieving arp sync properly. especially at high cpu loads.

i hope whatever problem there is with the TI will work for previous iterations of the virus. like a retrofit patch. but to say this problem is exclusively with the TI is wrong. ive seen it happen on a VC on my rig and it still happens on my VB.

i still maintain that it has nothing to do with the virus hardware or OS (Because many VB and VC users do not have this problem) but rather with the combination of software and drivers i am using or a problem with one or all of them interacting.

I'd like to add that over the 4 years I've had the virus b the arp has been tempermental. Mainly due to the quality of midi clock the Cubase Vst sends out. My workarounds were mainly to ignore midi clock for arps and set the bpm in the patch. As long as you re-triggered every two bars it didn't seem to matter. Also the other side effect of bad midi clocks was that the delays would pitch up and down when attempting to sync.
I hear a lot of the same things going on in the TI, and I have made a habit now of using Virus control with my RME sound card auto sync to the s/pdif of the TI. That way the RME and Cubase are the sync chasers.