Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 01.09.2012, 06:20 PM
New here
New here

Default Problems with 2 TIs on FLStudio

Hi guys,

I´m trying to open 2 instances of Virus Control on FLStudio (one for my Snow and another for my TI Keyboard), but I´m getting this message:

"Virus unavailable

Another application is blocking your connected Virus devices. You need to quit it first before Virus Control can connect and use it"

Since there are 2 different plugins for each device and they are connected to different USB ports it shouldn't be happening, am I right?

I'm running FLStudio 10.0.9 on a Dell Inspiron 14R i5 ivy bridge (6GB ram), my synths are connected on USB3 ports (one of them is powered but in a hub (motherboard) and the other is "dedicated". Tried use them with and without connecting my tascam US800, but it doesn't make any difference.

It doesn't seems to be an USB issue, since, on FLStudio, VC recognize the Virus I power up first (at any USB port) but when a open a second instance, that message above appears.

I did read and followed the FLStudio setup tutorial, but it's outdated, so some parameters do not exist anymore and I left the "new ones" as default.

I reinstaled the VC with no success and even tried to use VST2 and VST3 plugins together, one for each virus...

Does anyone have a clue of what I am doing wrong?

PS: sorry for my rusty English...
Old 04.09.2012, 02:27 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

You should check with Access support, but I think the problem is that opening two instances of VC in a DAW...even if you do have two Virii connected...is not supported.
Old 05.09.2012, 08:13 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by enossified View Post
You should check with Access support, but I think the problem is that opening two instances of VC in a DAW...even if you do have two Virii connected...is not supported.
Yes I'm pretty sure this is the case, one instance only besides its hard enough to get one running reliably without USB issues never mind 2. Use VC for one & hook the other one up with midi/audio out's.
Old 06.09.2012, 03:48 PM
New here
New here

Hi, I don´t know why, but my first reply got blackholed..but I tested the same configuration with Live (trial) and worked pretty fine, with no issues at all.

I assume that the problem isn't w/ my usb ports/PC, but with FL's wrapper instead. Let's see what ImageLine will do about, but for now, I'm migrating to Live, since I prefer to have both TIs linked to VC.

I also contacted Access' support some days ago and now I'm waiting for their reply.
Old 06.09.2012, 08:22 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenobita View Post
Hi, I don´t know why, but my first reply got blackholed..but I tested the same configuration with Live (trial) and worked pretty fine, with no issues at all.

I assume that the problem isn't w/ my usb ports/PC, but with FL's wrapper instead. Let's see what ImageLine will do about, but for now, I'm migrating to Live, since I prefer to have both TIs linked to VC.

I also contacted Access' support some days ago and now I'm waiting for their reply.
Interesting, I thought only 1 instance was possible. I'm using Live a lot myself these days...if you can afford it get the suite, Operator & sampler totally rock & the integration & routing possibilities are unbelievable.
Dont hold your breath waiting for access support, Lol.
Old 07.09.2012, 04:15 AM
New here
New here

LOL....To be honest, my first contact w/ them was on a saturday and I got the first reply on Sunday(!), my second email took a little longer to be answered, but got it today.

Here's their reply:
"Dear Claudio,
The error message you received simply means the plugin thinks both TI units are already used, so either there's still a plugin open somewhere in this FL Studio session that's not very obvious. It could also be that FL Studio keeps one instance open while scanning plugins. One of our engineers remembers a bug FL Studio had in this direction at some point.
He recommend to shut down and restart the PC after a short break, then start FL Studio and start a new test project to see if you still run into the same issue.

Best wishes,
Jörg Hüttner"

So, now I'm quite sure that the issue is with FLStudio's wrapper.

BTW, 2 or more instances are possible, since it depends of how many TIs you have, one instance for each device.

I'll checking Ableton Suite also...but I'm wondering, I don't use samples (only drums and some FX) and couple of VST, the rest is "all hardware", isn't the suite version too much for this humble kind of use? And I don't believe that there's another DAW less hardware-friendly than FLStudio : )
Old 07.09.2012, 06:28 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenobita View Post
LOL....To be honest, my first contact w/ them was on a saturday and I got the first reply on Sunday(!), my second email took a little longer to be answered, but got it today.

Here's their reply:
"Dear Claudio,
The error message you received simply means the plugin thinks both TI units are already used, so either there's still a plugin open somewhere in this FL Studio session that's not very obvious. It could also be that FL Studio keeps one instance open while scanning plugins. One of our engineers remembers a bug FL Studio had in this direction at some point.
He recommend to shut down and restart the PC after a short break, then start FL Studio and start a new test project to see if you still run into the same issue.

Best wishes,
Jörg Hüttner"

So, now I'm quite sure that the issue is with FLStudio's wrapper.

BTW, 2 or more instances are possible, since it depends of how many TIs you have, one instance for each device.

I'll checking Ableton Suite also...but I'm wondering, I don't use samples (only drums and some FX) and couple of VST, the rest is "all hardware", isn't the suite version too much for this humble kind of use? And I don't believe that there's another DAW less hardware-friendly than FLStudio : )
If you are more into the hardware then yes the suite may not be worth getting & the regular version comes with a simpler version of the synth & sampler anyway.