Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.04.2011, 04:08 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Embarrassingly n00bish question about the 3X outs

Ok guys please know it takes me a lot of courage to reveal this kind of naivete about my TI2 after owning it for about 8 months....

I got a new set of monitors, and just to satisfy my boyhood desires for the ultimately loud setup (temporarily) I would like to play though my old rokits +rokit sub and my new yamaha hs80ms. Suicidal, I know. But I'm just in the kind of mood where I want to move the house off the foundation.

So I am running quarter inchers from the 1 and 2 outs, but only out 1 is working.

So I guess my first question is: How do I make multiple outputs work simultaneously?

And what exactly am I supposed to do with three if I needed them? I see people complain sometimes about there only being three and I'm like wtf why would you need more than one?

Like i said, n00b to the max, no trying to deny it. I googled it first to try and avoid asking but alas.
Old 25.04.2011, 04:28 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Short answer: TI will only put sound out of 1LR if you playing one synth sound or playing as sound-card from computer. The other outputs are for multiple synth parts when using Multi Mode or Seq Mode.

Medium answer:
It is possible to make a multi and edit each part to go to a different output.

Best answer:
The TI is not really a amp/speaker distribution device. It's a music production/synth with sound card thrown in. Get a small budget mixer one with several stereo outputs and feed all your amps/speakers with that.
plug TI into mixer with TI output 1LR..>> output mixer main, aux, monitor outs to various amps/speakers in studio.
Old 25.04.2011, 04:51 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Ok that makes sense, but makes me wonder this:

If I wanted to get some other hardware equipment (compressor, limiter, delay, whatever), and I wanted to be able to use the virus with it, would I do something like this:

Virus > mixer > compressor.... > mixer ?

Could I run the virus to the mixer first so that I could hear the uncompressed sound if I wanted, then run an out to the compressor then BACK to the mixer so that I could also hear a channel with the compressor too? Then on top of that could I record both the uncompressed and compressed channels?

Did that even make sense?
Old 25.04.2011, 05:05 PM
Pro
Pro

hey..
once u get a mixer with busses..there are many possibilities to route the signal...u could for example...go out from the virus into a line input on the mixer channel...and then route that channel to a buss and the master...u could compress the buss..in your monitor section on the mixer, u can choose what to listen to on your speakers...either master or the busses....
thats one possibility...that way you could monitor with and without compression..

second way...get a compressor with a bypass switch...
Old 26.04.2011, 06:45 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrinoland View Post

second way...get a compressor with a bypass switch...
I like the way you think

Alright so one last question and I'm done. Is it possible to use the virus' effects in logic on channels that are within logic; I.E I want to put reverb on ultrabeat or apply the virus' EQ to the stereo out channel?
Old 26.04.2011, 08:49 AM
Pro
Pro

Yes..you can use the virus as an effect plugin too...just add it to the insert as you would any other 3rd party vst, Audio Unit etc...
I've done it in Ableton and FL...so I'm quite sure u can do it in any DAW..
Old 26.04.2011, 11:47 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I'm on a little road trip right now so I can't give it a shot but that sounds easy enough....what about if you're already using the virus as an instrument? Wouldn't opening another instance freak out the TI software component?
Old 27.04.2011, 12:19 AM
New here
New here

Can't you use the main outs to one set of speakers, then use the headphone outs to the other?
Old 27.04.2011, 02:25 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, the headphone out is a copy of the 1LR analogue out.
It will have a different impedence to the main out.
Old 27.04.2011, 04:22 PM
Pro
Pro

I have found that it is not possible to use the virus (snow) as an instrument and as a plugin effect (send, insert) at the same time...