Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.07.2004, 05:45 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default virus and automation with logic

hi everyone.....

i haven't been able to figure this one out, but should be straight foward i think.

i want to record automation on my virus with logic 5 (PC)

i hit record and while its recording i move a knob on the virus.

that works fine....

now, say i want to go in and edit the automation precisely.....

the only way i know how is to pull up the "EVENT LIST" which is a list of the values and parameters for the sys ex, and then i would have to change values between 0-127....

is there any way to do this graphically, that would be much easier and faster......

please let me know

thanks
Old 01.07.2004, 02:12 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

For automation to show in the arrange window, just go to the main menu bar and (I'm not in front of Logic right now) and go select the 'show automation' menu item ... it's under one of the menus near the far right side.

Next, you need to make sure you have zoomed in enough for the automation to show up.

For it to show up in the hyper edit window, you need to go to your matrix editor and double click the sequence you want to edit .. then go to a menu item in the matrix window that says 'hyper edit' and select the CC# that you want to see.

I'm not in front of Logic right now so I apologize for the lack of accurate terms and menu names.
Old 01.07.2004, 07:17 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

anybody knows if it is possible to do in cubase sx aswell?
Old 11.07.2004, 08:28 AM

Cubase SX does this automatically, as long as you have controller lanes selected in your preferences. When you double click on the MIDI parts, and bring up the edit window, the MIDI tweaks are in the bottom section (controller lane). You must also select the type of MIDI info for the controller lane (ie velocity, breath, expression etc), which will have an asterix next to it (*). and then you can use your pencil tool etc to change the info around. Awesome!

What I do is set up an extra MIDI track, with the Virus's I/O, and use that to record any knob movements. So note info on one track, and knob movements on another track (with the same MIDI channel selected etc)

This is a good way to have all of your different knob movements on different tracks. Alot more organized! And lotsa fun too!

Cheers,

Jase
Old 11.07.2004, 11:48 AM

i didnt mean drawing via controller numbers
but just like you automate vsts
on time line... from the main sequencer window
Old 12.07.2004, 11:01 AM

Sorry....Must be on a completely different planet!

P.S Still no idea what you are talking about
Old 12.07.2004, 09:39 PM

i guss its only possible on logic
thos damn basterds thought of everything there havent they?!
Old 02.04.2009, 01:38 AM
New here
New here

I just got the Snow and am in Logic 8 I go to the automation drop down on the Virus Instr. track and instead of getting a list of synth parameters I get a list - "free". Just 'free' parameters all the way down. They don't seem to connect with anything. Anybody know where I can find the synth parameters like I do on every other synth I use!?! If it is documented somewhere, I would appreciate the reference, or just instructions, and my apologies if I missed it.

My first experience with a Virus in many years, after being very impressed with version one. Got's to automate this synth!.

Thanks
Old 02.04.2009, 02:43 AM
New here
New here

I just got the Snow and am in Logic 8 I go to the automation drop down on the Virus Instr. track and instead of getting a list of synth parameters I get a list - "free". Just 'free' parameters all the way down. They don't seem to connect with anything. Anybody know where I can find the synth parameters like I do on every other synth I use!?! If it is documented somewhere, I would appreciate the reference, or just instructions, and my apologies if I missed it.

My first experience with a Virus in many years, after being very impressed with version one. Got's to automate this synth!.

Thanks
Old 02.04.2009, 10:08 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

If you right click on a knob in Virus Control, it gives you the option to add that parameter to the automation list. If you do this, does it then show up in the drop down automation list in Logic?