Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 06.01.2005, 11:57 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Pc Bashing

I really don't uderstand all those smug mac users!!
Yes maybe a few years ago a Mac was more stable than a Pc as your Audio machine, but these days I would say that the Pc is just as stable (if not more!)
I run a AMD 3200 with 1 gig ddr ram, 120 gig sata drive Asus A78nx-e deluxe mobo that i put togther myself and it hasn't missed a beat! It hasn't crashed once, its easy to use, its fast, costs a lot less than the same mac setup, easily uprgadeable etc etc .. I watched in the local computer shop there Mac crash twice while loading the new pro-tools 6.7, I installed it hassle free. The amount of people using the Pc makes finding information very easy, and software even easier INFACT I think its the PC owners who should be feeling smug these days!!

I own an apple ipod and I chuckled when I read the manual. Apple seems to like to flatter its users!
Old 06.01.2005, 12:14 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

This subject has been gone through several times. This is like discussions about religion. Hoho.

You're right. The power differences are non-existent and the stability is now not a problem anymore on PC. So the selection is nowadays more like a matter of what you're used to use. Of course Mac and Apple have a that elite reputation like "The pro's use Macs" and unfortunately that shows too much in the price.

Edit:
Quote:
I own an apple ipod and I chuckled when I read the manual. Apple seems to like to flatter its users!
Is this one of those leaflets that refers to the customer in "Our appreciated and the most glorious customer"? I've noticed that on Behringer manuals there's a same thing. Always fun to read a manual that's written like it's written by a peasant to a king. ?hih.
Old 06.01.2005, 01:07 PM

Im so tempted.......

But anyways, I agree with you 8O

A PC can be just as stable, reliable, powerful etc as Mac OS.

All I have is my own experiences with the two platforms, and there have been some bad ones on PC, even on "custom" audio PC's built by super-nerds.

Anyways, it's all up to the individual, and what he/she is comfortable with. Product preference and the whole "my shit is better than your shit" is nothing new either, just people stroking their egos

So yeah, if u see me PC bashing around here, just know it is all in the name of a larf!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 06.01.2005, 01:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

there are tons of stuff that are designed for mac only which are worth geting a mac just for them on the other hand you will also see mac users get a pc just to run NI stuff like reaktor and such.
this works for both sides each one has its own addventage.
Old 06.01.2005, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
there are tons of stuff that are designed for mac only which are worth geting a mac just for them
Hmm... Isn't it other way around? At least I haven't confronted a software that's Mac only (except Logic).
Old 06.01.2005, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Since i used both mac and pc - i can say this - i haven't had a good experiencee with either of them.

However treat them right; they will probably be as equally good. the thing is just from what you like these days - you like osX - great! you like XP - great!
Tweak them right and you got a really nice basic setup for you studio

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 06.01.2005, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
Since i used both mac and pc - i can say this - i haven't had a good experiencee with either of them.
Hehe. The Unlucky Alf of Sweden.
Old 06.01.2005, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
Hehe. The Unlucky Alf of Sweden.
For sure althou -> Soon my undead legion of computers will do my bidding, just alitlle more electric shocks and i am set.

FEAR ME!!

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 06.01.2005, 04:03 PM

Ive used dell for many years. Never had a problem with them. Very reliable....but then again ive never used a mac. Macs dont really appeal to me....i think they are grossly over priced.

Get yourself a Dell with P4 2Ghz, 1gig RAM, 120Gib HD (8mb buffer) and a Delta 10/10 and you'll be sorted for years.

all for ?850

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 06.01.2005, 07:34 PM

once again, WHO CARES!!!!

Whatever you are using is fine as long as it gets the job done for you. If you can live with using a mac, good. Same goes with a PC. All that matters is the end result, and that is MUSIC!!!!!!!!