Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 04.07.2005, 08:14 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus B- one patch affecting another channel's.. (solved)

I'm having a problem using my Virus B in multi mode with Sonar 4. I've got Vitar (Bank D #6 on channel 2 and Chrunchy (Bank E # on channel 3. When channel 3 isn't muted, it changes the Vitar's sound (loud and nasty) and delay doesn't work for any of the parts.

When I mute channel 3, everything is fine. I tried putting the Chrunchy in a different track on a different channel and the same thing happens. If I change the patch on channel 3, there's no problem. If I have the Chrunchy sound in any channel it causes the problem - even when there are no notes or parameter changes in the track.

It was fine last night and I haven't changed anything... what's going on here?
Old 04.07.2005, 09:51 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

im guessing your using the same output,think of it as runing out of headroom im gussing your virus output starts to clip maybe.
Old 05.07.2005, 01:34 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Sounds a bit like you might be running out of polyphony. Count how many Unison (ie single, twin, 3, ... etc) multiply that by the amount of notes played at once in a single moment and include the both parts you mention.
You only have 24 voice polyphony on the virus b.
Old 05.07.2005, 04:26 AM
New here
New here

I don't think it's a problem with clipping or polyphony... If I just have the Chrunchy patch set to any part (with no notes, parameters, or anything in the track) it causes the problem. It's only the Chrunchy patch too - if I use any other patch the problem goes away.

Didn't notice the mistake in my first post - it should say...
channel 2 - Vitar, Bank D, #68
channel 3 - Chrunchy, bank E, #8
Old 05.07.2005, 05:29 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

i think its got to do with your effects routing.. just say you add fx to chan 3 and thats outputting from output 3 then the wet version comes out output 1 or 2 and the dry version is still on 3
Old 05.07.2005, 03:14 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdata-kc
i think its got to do with your effects routing.. just say you add fx to chan 3 and thats outputting from output 3 then the wet version comes out output 1 or 2 and the dry version is still on 3
This was it. I changed channel 3's assign 3 destination 3 from reverb something to panvel. Thanks!
Old 05.07.2005, 03:17 PM

good advice pete

told you guys all good things come from melbourne (well, most of them are good)

cheers

blay