Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 20.08.2006, 10:56 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Yep sounddiver problems(solved,sort of)

From my hours of trying to find the fix for this I relize sounddiver is not easy to get going on a PC,so can anyone help me on this.cheers

I have my XL connected with both midi in & out to the computer via a M Audio 192.Sounddiver can't connect to the XL says "When trying to open DeltaAP192 MIDI in fuction open midi in,the error,"This fuction not supported,use the capablitiys fuction to determine which fuctions and messages are accepted"

What the hell is the "Capabilities fuction" do I have to select something to do with my soundcard or what,I can't find anything in the soundcard propertys.

I'm controlling the XL with a virtual midi controller and is working find so I know my cables are sweet and know for sure the soundcard is working

I've got both midi in and out from the XL to the computer

Whats up with sounddiver,thats a stupid name by the way lol

Cheers for ya help
Old 20.08.2006, 11:32 AM
This forum member lives here

Bwwwwaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!1

Sorry man, I just couldnt help it. Sounddiver is a stupid name, and it is really is a bitch to get going, even on a Mac. I had many issues, but somehow it just worked one day. Just keep at it, make sure you have the latest version from the Access website etc...

I imagine it has something to do with your MIDI interface (Make sure your MIDI interface drivers are up to date too)

Good luck with it man, it really is worth it when you do get it up and running, so dont give up

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 21.08.2006, 02:14 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Yea nice one jase funny haha

Yea all my drivers are up to date,I'm starting to think maybe my soundcards at fault. I got other midi devices showing up could they be confilcting?all my settings are for the Maudio 192.Seems like I need to access more settings for the soundcard

Getting"Undefined external errors" when trying to set the virus up through FL5,(yea I know shit programme).......sorted now

I've swaped midi cables around to make sure they work and they do.

I'm sending a midi signal to the XL so I know thats working

any ideas anyone
Old 23.08.2006, 07:37 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Right I've now got the XL running through FL5 but getting a little c beside the quarter note(LCD Display) that shows the XL is being triggered.anyone know what that means.I can't find anything in the manual.

I take this is why I can't record the virus sounds into my track on FL

Now sounddiver,I've got it reciving data from the XL when using Midiyoke.NT in the setup stage but nothing when I go to look at the sound banks.

If I select the Maudio 192 I get Sysex error sraight away

I'm really starting to think somethings up with my soundcards(Maudio 192) midi ports

Running the latest drivers for the 192,ran the midifix.exe from maudio.reinstalled the whole card.

I'm on Windows XP,AMD 1800+,512RAM
Old 23.08.2006, 12:32 PM

The little "c" means that the Virus is receiving MIDI clock I think...

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 28.08.2006, 06:28 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Bwwwwaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!1

Good luck with it man, it really is worth it when you do get it up and running, so dont give up
Well jase I got it working,like you I don't know how but I can edit patch's and store them but I'm still getting error msg's,like sysex,no device found blah blah.

I've got sounddiver working with the m-audio 192,Think it started working by running the midifix.exe and installing the drivers again

I still can't record midi into FL5 which is really starting to fuck me off.been trying to solve this problem for the last week.Starting to think my soundcards fuct.has anyone got any ideas,please or is this just such a newbie question all of yous are sitting there laughing at me
Old 28.08.2006, 10:36 AM

Im not really familiar with FL...

I guess you just need to make sure that FL is not filtering any MIDI data. Also, go through the Virus Manual, there are a couple of settings to adjust for when you are working with a sequencer (something about hi-page/lo-page). Make sure that your MIDI in/out ports are set on your MIDI channel in FL, make sure that the patch has the same MIDI channel as the FL MIDI channel....

Ummm..... The thing is, there could be so many things that could be the issue. It is hard for anyone to narrow it down. You just need to do some trouble shooting. The soundcard/MIDI interface should be OK, so make sure it is not something simple that you are overlooking.

Good luck dude!