Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 09.05.2008, 10:52 PM
This forum member lives here

Default Chinese in Tibet and Olympics.

I think the Chinese should get the fuck out of Tibet. And they can stick their Olympics up their arse.
Old 10.05.2008, 12:27 AM
Administrator

Interesting sentiment. What is the tactical advantage of maintaining control of Tibet? None, just as pompous and stupid of an idea as it is of the British to continue occupation of Northern Ireland. The Olympics are a wasted cause this year, everyone wants to blow everyone else up, we're all sick of each other's national bullshit. It's time for an international rave. Fuck sports.
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 10.05.2008, 03:42 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

International Rave! I'm all for that. Anyone who has actually been to one knows the scene is entirely peaceful and non-judgemental.

Do we really care who wins something when they have lived a sheltered life to do nothing but win something? How is that 'good' or make 'role models' ?

Cheers,
B
Old 10.05.2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
blah the British blah
Nice try Alex.
Old 10.05.2008, 10:22 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

imho ... they should have established the olympics in Tibet

like this every move against Tibet would have been a move against all nations.

Last edited by psy604 : 10.05.2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10.05.2008, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Olympics. It's all bollocks. Where is pankration? And why the heck the athletes wear clothes? Stupid modernised event!
Old 11.05.2008, 12:16 AM
Pro
Pro

'Free Tibet' flags made in China
Quote:
Police in southern China have discovered a factory manufacturing Free Tibet flags, media reports say.

The factory in Guangdong had been completing overseas orders for the flag of the Tibetan government-in-exile.

Workers said they thought they were just making colourful flags and did not realise their meaning.

But then some of them saw TV images of protesters holding the emblem and they alerted the authorities, according to Hong Kong's Ming Pao newspaper.

Tibet independence

The factory owner reportedly told police the emblems had been ordered from outside China, and he did not know that they stood for an independent Tibet.

Workers who had grown suspicious checked the meaning of the flag by going online.

Thousands of flags had already been packed for shipping.

Police believe that some may already have been sent overseas, and could appear in Hong Kong during the Olympic torch relay there this week.

Known as the Snow Lion Flag
Introduced in 1912
Banned in mainland China

Inside Tibet: Clickable guide

The authorities have now stepped up the inspection of cars heading to the Shenzen Special Economic Zone and onwards to Hong Kong.

The Olympic torch is due to tour Hong Kong on Friday. It will then travel to a series of cities in mainland China before reaching Beijing for the start of the Olympic Games in August.

Its progress around the world has been marked by pro-Tibet demonstrations in several cities - including Paris, London and San Francisco.

Rallies began in the main Tibetan city of Lhasa on 10 March, led by Buddhist monks.

Over the following week protests spread and became violent - particularly in Lhasa, where ethnic Chinese were targeted and shops were burnt down.

Beijing cracked down on the protesters with force, sending in hundreds of troops to regain control of the restive areas.

But it has since agreed to resume talks with representatives of the Dalai Lama.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7370903.stm

Old 11.05.2008, 01:01 AM

Good points xlr8a. We're so fucking impotent and will buy anything cheap.

Edit awful spelling

Last edited by Old Vantaa Man : 11.05.2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 13.05.2008, 01:34 AM
Administrator

God help the poor workers of that flag factory. They're probably being waterboarded now or getting the bamboo treatment under the fingernails in an effort to turn up the kingping leader of the clandestine rebel Tibtan flag project. Oh my, boy is he a terrible one who must be stopped at all costs...<whatever> Hmmmm, I wonder if any of the female Chinese swimmers will have quads the size of Schwarzenegger's? That's all genetic of course, no doping there, no Sir. All in the spirit of good clean, international competition between oppressive world superpowers and the countries they continue to manipulate.

LivePsy, I say we form the International Rave Olympic Committee (IROC) and dwarf the importance of these games altogether. Where should we hold the first ones? Maybe some place where the crowd can get tropical and crazy. I know! How about Florida?!?!?

Juho, how obvious of an error the whole clothes wearing business is in the Olympic games. Imagine how much more effective the Hungarian girls' volleyball team would be au' naturel?
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 13.05.2008, 01:43 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74 View Post
LivePsy, I say we form the International Rave Olympic Committee (IROC) and dwarf the importance of these games altogether. Where should we hold the first ones? Maybe some place where the crowd can get tropical and crazy. I know! How about Florida?!?!?
I think its unfair to expect people to travel from all over the world for the IROs, so I suggest we travel around the world hosting parties for everyone along the way. Its less carbon emissions, you know I'm just being practical here. Should this be a 4 year event, or maybe EVERY YEAR?

B