Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 17.06.2011, 04:12 AM
New here
New here

Default Access Virus Classic desktop/ Ableton live [UNSOLVED]

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with my current situation that I cannot seem to solve/ fix. I currently own a Access Virus Classic desktop and Ableton live suite 8. When I purchased the Virus I also received the Emagic SoundDriver software which I have successfully uploaded onto my computer/ sync'd it with the Virus so that every time I open the SoundDriver software I am able to see the various sound patches/ Edit them if I want too within the program. The issue I am having now is that I do not know how to properly load the sounds into Ableton. I was told that I could use the SoundDriver software as a plug-in within Ableton but when I search the Emagic folders on my computer (where the SoundDriver program is located) I never find any results.. Maybe because the software is .exe and all my plugins are currently .dll? If anyone has any ideas as to how I can properly load my sounds into Ableton I would greatly appreciate it! I am currently running Vista (32 bit)
Thanks!
Old 17.06.2011, 09:47 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

You can't load virus sounds into ableton. I have a Virus C, Soundiver and Ableton suite 8 too, and the only possibility you have is to record the virus into live. What you told about .dll is correct, that's the VSTs extension, but Soundiver is a patch editor, so not a VST.
Old 18.06.2011, 09:57 PM
New here
New here

Would you be able to explain how I record the sound into live? I have tried everything and I still can't manage to get any of the sounds into live..
Thanks!
Old 01.07.2011, 11:34 AM
Newborn
Newborn

You should use midi to record sound from Virus into Live:
Create a midi track in Live. (remain in session view all the time). Drag the "external instrument" onto your midi track to enable external communication with your Virus. Now in the bottom of your track find the properties windows for audio in and midi. In midi choose your midi connection with Virus (i use a "usb device", thats midi to usb PC connection thing). In audio choose audio in. I assume your audio out connection from Virus goes to some sort of audio interface, so thats the one you need to locate and enable in this audio in menu.

Thats fairly easy.

Now the one thing that really puzzles me - is how you assign midi channels for your different parts in Virus. I have Virus C and cannot figure out how to make, say part a1 to be sent on channel 1 and part b1 to be sent on channel 2, etc. Im sure this must be easy, but Im stuck. Anyone please help?
Old 16.07.2011, 02:13 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

hey, i wanted to know that as well. since the virus has 32 voices, you could split them in different channels, for different presets, in multi mode right?

about the recording, it's better if you create a midi channel with the external instrument on it, and a audio channel just to receive the audio and record it as you go, instead of receiving the audio via the external instrument plugin, , then group these two channels.