Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 14.12.2005, 07:17 AM
This forum member lives here

Default Virus Inputs - am I thinking about this correctly

What i want to do - route my Roland Jv-2080's analog audio output directly into the TIs analog inputs to manipulate the audio and then transfer the audio through the usb cable and into cubase.

First of all, can this even be done?

Here is the setup - I have a Korg Kontrol 49 keyboard for midi input into cubase and midi is sent to the 2080 via the echo layla midi out.

I read the manual, hooked up my roland jv-2080 stereo outs to the L+R analog ins on my virus TI. Under the main config menu for the synth, I set Input Thru to 127,Source =analog and characteristic =linear. I launched the VC, on the ti I selected an empty part - went to edit - inputs page - and set the mode to dynamic and the input select to L+R.
In cubase I create a midi track, the Kontrol49 as the midi in and the Layla midi as the midi out (to the jv-2080). I plugged headphones into the TI and play the 2080 = can hear the 2080.

The problem, even though I hear the 2080 via the TI headphone jack, I can't seem to be able to use the TIs filters or effects on the 2080 sound and can't seem to get the 2080 sound into cubase through the usb.

Any ideas?
Old 14.12.2005, 09:17 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Input Thru is for direct monitoring - it bypasses everything

Dynamic mode is used for gating the input signal via Note On.

To achieve what you wish for here, you need to set Input Thru to 0, and set Input Mode to Static.
Old 17.12.2005, 01:16 AM

Hi Ben, thanks for the clarification. I turned input thru to 0 and set the Input Mode to static, but am still not hearing the audio streamed over the usb cable and into my daw. I can hear it via the headphones plugged into the virus TI. Just wanted to make certain that I should be able to get the audio through the virus and thru the usb cable to my daw rather than having to buss the audio back out one of the TI analog outs and into my daw that way?
Old 17.12.2005, 07:47 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Are you using Virus Control?

I tried it here (using ROM A >>INPUT<< and it works fine..
Old 18.12.2005, 06:20 AM

oh my, I think you just cleared everything up for me. I can't test it out tonight, so it will have to be tomorrow, but it looks like I was just being a bonehead.