Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 14.12.2005, 01:44 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default Forums are quiet - What are you doing with your Virus TI?

I'm still in the "Wow stage". Not much composing, still in awe over the sound and features of the Virus. Remember though, this is my first Virus. Never had our touched a Virus A, B or C.
Old 14.12.2005, 01:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

It is not my first virus but I still am in my "Wow stage" as well.
Most of the time when I sit down in the studio to write a tune I end up just playing the keys a bit and comtemplating the sound.

I sometimes feel that this synth is almost too much for me(not that this is a bad thing) but the sound is so massive that it's easy to get carried away, then watch the clock and realize you just spent 2 hours listening to presets instead of getting music done
Old 14.12.2005, 03:02 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Wow stage here too, but 14 tracks were waiting here for one year to get virus-treated and the results were great. Now i'm in the mastering stage and when I'll finish this record, I'll try to start a track with the TI. Syncing problems didn't allowed me to start a track yet. Bugs are always uninspiring.Although, I've spent many hours just listening to the presets and get myself into tweaking heaven..
Old 14.12.2005, 08:49 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTATION
I sometimes feel that this synth is almost too much for me(not that this is a bad thing) but the sound is so massive that it's easy to get carried away, then watch the clock and realize you just spent 2 hours listening to presets instead of getting music done
LOL - thats my problem with the TI - so many presetsand so many of them are very inspiring.

Typical scenario - looking for a preset as a starting point to tweak - find something really cool (and not at all what I was actually looking for) and get hugely distracted
Old 14.12.2005, 08:50 PM

Not since my first synth have I owned a piece of gear where the 'wow stage' has lasted so long. So, I too spend a whole lot of time wandering along random sonic pathways, and ending up wondering where the hell the past two hours has just gone!!!

Other than many hours doing just that, err...

* Working on a couple of tracks - drum and bass at the mo - swooshy TI textures, arps and supersonic bass.

* Organising my favourite patches into a couple of the RAM banks. Kind of dumping them in there when I find a really juicy one.

* Creating new patches and saving them into their own bank.

* Improving my piano technique - the TI keyboard is very nice to just play

* Wearing out the filter cut off knob!

* Setting up instrument definition stuff, patch names etc. in Logic

* Just bought a couple of patchbays to accommodate the six outputs (mixing desk totally ran out of possible inputs). That's a job for the Christmas break, but having fun designing the wiring schematics during down time. Six dedicated inputs for the TI, that's for sure.

* Trying to figure out some of these bugs that get posted on this and other forums. That's kinda fun in itself. I always believe that a good way to learn a bit of technology is to figure out why things go wrong. Even if you don't solve a problem before the bug fix does, you can learn a whole load in the process.

* All in all, doing all those things that you'd expect to be doing with such an incredible and inspiring musical instrument

* Oh yeah... trying to stay awake at work the next day due to lack of sleep.

Mr O
Old 14.12.2005, 09:22 PM
Pro
Pro

Yes, I got my Ti desktop last Saturday and think it was worth every penny. I had a spot of trouble booting it up (sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't) but the upgrade to OS 1.7 has fixed that, everything else seems rosy. I'm not the type to set up 16 tracks of Virus Ti with half a dozen arps playing to see if it screws up, all I can say is it works perfectly for what I do.

Well pleased, cheers Access :P
Old 14.12.2005, 10:20 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smag
I'm not the type to set up 16 tracks of Virus Ti with half a dozen arps playing to see if it screws up, all I can say is it works perfectly for what I do.
It doesnt need 6 arp parts to screw it up, you can notice that with the first arp...
Old 15.12.2005, 02:16 AM
Veteran
Veteran

This wow thing is over-rated, I'd call it 'just what I needed'. Clear, bright, punchy, narly, big etc. Stuff that I always wanted to do with my virus b but can now step into and further. I have already flown it into two mixes I had the virus b doing, replaced some saws with hypersaws and some other textures with wavetable metallics. Then I started a TI only remix, only to finish up having to record every part as a wave and hand edit the timing. But I came out pretty good, just not my preferred way of working, as I can't change my mind about the midi once I capture the waves.

The three mixes we are pressing to vinyl as I type and soon enough you guys can hear an example.

But after mastering comes admin and promo so the TI might just get a bit dusty for a bit.
Old 15.12.2005, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
But after mastering comes admin and promo so the TI might just get a bit dusty for a bit.
I'll keep it warm and dust free for you in the interim.
Old 15.12.2005, 01:17 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

TONIGHT :: 3rd Live performance with the new Virus TI. Now that I've discovered the control pedal / modulation bug, I'm much more comfortable with it.

The Virus hasn't made it into my studio yet.