Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.12.2005, 07:17 AM
New here
New here

Default Two issues with Virus TI

So, I'm a happy owner of a Virus TI desktop version. Better say almost happy as there are two issues bothering me:

From the very start, after updating the TIOS to 1.07 everything worked well in Cubase SX3.11. Although I've had some issues with arpeggios, the overall performance was Ok and I would say the overall setup was quite workable.
Then, one day, I've started to experience strange things. The sound coming from the Virus would crash after first 5-7 bars in Cubase. The sound routing was via USB, so I thought maybe it's the USB link that becomes overflood or something. So I've tried to have the sound routed via SPDIF. This made the whole situation even more interesting...
When I've plugged the SPDIF cable in my M-Audio FireWire Audiofile 24/96 the sound card went berserc - all the leds flashing crazily, the audio card dissapearing from the system and, of course, the sound crashing... I just thought maybe the SPDIF cables should be installed depending on the direction of the signal flow, but I haven't yet tried to flip it.

Well, given all this, I intend to have the TIOS upgraded in the weekend and also I intend to have the Virus TI sound tested in othe VST hosts (Ableton Live 5), but maybe there are gurus among you guys who could just point any hint to solve this:

1. How to get rid of the sound crash after 5-7 bars of flawless play in Cubase SX3.11? (Sound comes via USB)
2. How to establish a working SPDIF connection between Access Virus TI and an M-Audio Audiophile FireWire?
Old 22.12.2005, 07:30 AM
Veteran
Veteran

As soon as I boot up SX3.1.1, I always go straight to Devices>Device Setup>Virus USB ASIO Driver>Control Panel>ASIO and change Application Priority to another setting (doesn't matter which one, as SX3 overrides any changes to this parameter), and then click Apply.

After performing this little 'nudge' the audio works flawlessly for me.

Also, be sure to read this article on PCI latency timings and their possible effect on audio.
Old 22.12.2005, 10:14 AM
New here
New here

Thanks for a quick reply!
I'll try it and see if it works...
Old 22.12.2005, 10:36 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
As soon as I boot up SX3.1.1, I always go straight to Devices>Device Setup>Virus USB ASIO Driver>Control Panel>ASIO and change Application Priority to another setting (doesn't matter which one, as SX3 overrides any changes to this parameter), and then click Apply.
Ben, just curious as to what this process actually does to make audio more stable?
Old 22.12.2005, 11:47 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
Quote:
Ben, just curious as to what this process actually does to make audio more stable?
Absolutely no clue whatsoever, sorry.
Old 22.12.2005, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
Quote:
Absolutely no clue whatsoever, sorry.
Well I suppose, if it works . . . why question it!