Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.09.2011, 09:04 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Virus Control Standalone aka Software Patch Editor/Librarian for TI

So one of the things I was excited about was Virus Control thinking it was going to be something I could edit patches, multis, etc when I'm away from the studio. Sadly, this is not the case, virus has to be connected. I wouldn't expect to do anything too crazy but want to be able to do some clean up and administrative stuff 'offline'.

I used to be able to do this type of thing w Sounddiver and my Classic. Any suggestions?

http://soundcloud.com/austin_tacious/sikstreyrelik
Old 15.10.2011, 10:40 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default I've just posted a patch set librarian.

Sorry, no editor planned, but this could provide the framework for one.
A multis manager is also needed.
JGG.
Old 17.10.2011, 04:50 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Hi jgg! Do you happen to have some 'inside' info from the Access mind? When you say it's not planned, but then talk about the framework for one it's implicit that you might.

What is your patch set librarian and where do I find it? Maybe that's the framework you reference?

http://soundcloud.com/austin_tacious/sikstreyrelik
Old 17.10.2011, 06:34 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default It's over there...

Hello austin_tacious,
Look for the "Virus Patch Set Librarian toolkit beta release 1.0Beta" post over in the Sound Designing area. I don't work for Access, I just have a Virus TI2 and had tons of mid files, zip files, rar files, and other random files and had no way to keep track of what was what, or from where.

After a few attempts track files by hand, I wrote some code to help keep track of the files from the virus.info to start, and ended up with what I think is a pretty good way to keep everything together. It's easily extendable, and being open source and modular - anyone can make it behave the way they want. It makes it easy and fairly quick to fold additional collections of patch sets together and remove overlaps.

So, what I have does not require any virus to be connected, but is also not a "patch" editor (yet), but rather the start of set of tools that work together to help organize a very large patch collection (currently hundreds of sets). I'm attacking the problem from the top down - get the "Source files" from the internet whatever format they show up as, have scripts that unpack the "Patch Sets" into sorted and identifiable directories, fix the results with additional scripts so that everything works with the Virus Control Software. Version 1.0 can process all 73 sets from the virus.info website in just a few seconds where they show up in order and all work 100%!

If you have a Mac, please check it out. I hope to soon be releasing a 1.1 version that should more than double the number of native sets, and a 2.0 version that starts adding patch level features (working within mid files and between them as well). I've already included a tool that can pull working Virus patches out of corrupt binaries!

If you don't have a Mac, hopefully you have a friend that has one that will run this for you, like I said - you don't need a Virus to run this. The results can be copied over to your PC and you're good to go.

Let me know, I'd love to get feedback. And if you know a bit of Perl and have specific things you would want a patch librarian to do, we should talk.
JGG.

P.S. Do you still have your classic? If so, do you have a way to output patch banks in a way that works with the TIs?
Old 20.10.2011, 09:58 PM
New here
New here

Default transfert sounds bank

what is the procedure to transfert sounds banks from virus control to virus TI2? i would like to use the sounds directly in the synth.
Thanks my friends