Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 27.07.2012, 05:24 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default LFO on/off switch?

I want to assign SOME controller whether a footswitch or soft knob to LFO on/off. It could be all LFOs, but ideally it would be 1to1, ie footswitch turns off LFO1.

The closest I've been able to get is using the matrix to assign a soft knob to LFO depth so that at 12 oclock the LFO isn't doing anything. At right it's +63 and left it's -63. The problem with this is getting it to land right on 12 is tough when you're playing. I find I have to go in and edit the sysex data to make it a 0 right on the beat.

If I could make the range in this setting unipolar so that at the far left it's 0 and the far right it's +63 that would work.

Anyone got any bright ideas for a hard on/off switch for the LFO?

http://soundcloud.com/austin_tacious/sikstreyrelik
Old 27.07.2012, 06:01 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Hello!

The way I see it, you could use the mod matrix to insert the footswitch (or whatever you choose) to take away the amount on each LFO modulation you're using.
So if you had LFO 1 modulation pitch to say +23, you'd assign source footswitch to decrease the pitch by -23. But you'd have to press it all the way to get an instant cut, still. So maybe you could use something like a button instead...
As long as it's connected to a usable source, there should be no problem doing it, I guess. And of course, depending on the number of modulations you want to cancel by pressing, you need the same number of Mod Matrix slots available...

Hope it works! Cheers

Last edited by TweakHead : 27.07.2012 at 07:20 PM.