Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.04.2009, 12:53 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I had to revert back to 2.7, I cant get live to work with the OS 3, keeps crashing it often when switching patches
Old 16.04.2009, 05:18 PM
New here
New here

Wink support PLUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
thanks for saying that. some times back, we debated with users if it's better to put out betas fast, to cure little problems, than wait and collect bugs. okay, we found that frequent betas are welcome but also there is a chance to release a bad one - because we simple don't have the time to test a beta with the same level of detail. i guess, now it's down to us to get the mix right.

best, marc
Got to reiterate that the beta offerings are hugely appreciated and like many others more than happy to be part of the development cycle. Any moaners and I got to ask who exactly is forcing you to try this beta code anyway ? Nobody. There is always a way back if things go a bit adrift.
As an original TI owner Access could have cut out future upgrades a while back like other manufacturers often do - but they didn't. Every credit and many thanks. Top product - top support. Keep it coming.
OK, fine, so where is .11 then?

Last edited by looper : 16.04.2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 16.04.2009, 05:45 PM
Am starting to like this forum

I wanted to chime in and say that the new OS is working for me with Sonar 8.3.

Everything is fine and stable for me.
Old 17.04.2009, 01:38 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

just to put my mind at rest, none of the updates actually change the sound of your stored presets do they?
sometimes when im switching between all these betas then listening back to a project its difficult to compare if its exactly the same sound as in the previous version.
Old 17.04.2009, 04:18 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo View Post
Had the patch change crash problem with 3.0.1.10 and have gone back to 3.0.1.9 which was fine for me before.

Patch change only seems to happen for me if I select a patch from a user library. If I use a ROM bank no problem, Thought it could be a helpful point? Anyone else experience the same??

I can confirm this!! Same here

WinXPsp3, SX3, Ti Desktop
Old 17.04.2009, 04:24 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by looper View Post
Got to reiterate that the beta offerings are hugely appreciated and like many others more than happy to be part of the development cycle. Any moaners and I got to ask who exactly is forcing you to try this beta code anyway ? Nobody. There is always a way back if things go a bit adrift.
As an original TI owner Access could have cut out future upgrades a while back like other manufacturers often do - but they didn't. Every credit and many thanks. Top product - top support. Keep it coming.
OK, fine, so where is .11 then?
Not to raise fears, I am not angry about access music I'm rather thankfull to them for providing us these updates. So my posts are not complaints, I only try to find solutions and share my experiences with others.
.11??? I think the next version will be .10 again because they removed .10 from their downloads. In my opinion the former .10 has got a major bug otherwise they haven't backtracked it.
Old 17.04.2009, 08:35 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00264167 View Post
just to put my mind at rest, none of the updates actually change the sound of your stored presets do they?
sometimes when im switching between all these betas then listening back to a project its difficult to compare if its exactly the same sound as in the previous version.
they do sometimes!! I am quite weary of trying new updates now because of this. i have some history with the sounds changing. Firstly, I had made some sounds when i first bought the TI, then when i updated, they went all messed up- apparently it was down to the lfo's changing the way they worked or something, but either way i had to adandon these sounds as the only workaround was to go back to the original firmware driver. Then a similar thing happend much later, after updating the virus, and again supposedley it was down to some bug, but now the sound i use in this particular song sounds out of tune. so thats another one i've had to give up on (actually im gunna go back to that one at some point). Recently I tried one of the new beta's and it seemed fine, but then i noticed in one particular song one of the sounds had changed slightley, so i reverted back and it was back to normal.

Oh, then there was the time when some patches for some reason wouldnt save properly in VC, and would load up again with slightly differnt cuttoff or other settings, though this only happend a couple of times and wasn't too major.

And finally!!! today the latest successor, I find that cubase 5, when i save the song, then re-open it, the virus patch sounds different. This is with a song made in SX3, and now that i have upgraded to Cubase 5, I load the song and all sounds as it should, but as soon as i save the song, then re-open it, the virus patch sounds wrong.

So... yeah, be warned! it can happen.
Old 18.04.2009, 02:20 AM
New here
New here

i run Logic 7 on OS X 4
never really had any major issues with the old VC , but since version 3 it causes all sorts of problems
Old 18.04.2009, 04:14 PM
New here
New here

I think its GREAT that Access put out the betas. It is extremely helpful.
For those who don't like the heat, stay out of the kitchen until its fully baked.

Sheesh! Its a freakin' BETA guys; in case you don't known what that means,
it means not-finished-and-may-be-buggy.

But a lot of us like to work with new software, and help our favorite synth
maker improve things. If you don't, stay on 2.7.5 and be happy!
Old 19.04.2009, 01:05 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Btw i also think that it's great that they do put out betas, and access are great, and they give great support to their users and free upgrades and stuff. Not that your post was directed at me in particular, I was just stating my experiances that's all.