Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.04.2017, 10:32 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Are you still infected?

Are you still infected? My Access Virus overview...
https://synthmorph.com/blogs/news/ac...ted-synthmorph
Old 18.04.2017, 08:35 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Congrats, great article!
I really enjoy it. Cheers
Old 18.04.2017, 09:32 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Greatly written and inspiring article, thank you very much.

It reflects my feelings that the Virus is still one of (if not the) best hardware synths available today. And with the additional features of the TI, which are not even covered in your article, there's not much a Virus can't do if you know all the tricks of this wonderful machine. It certainly has it's character, but it's nonetheless incredibly versatile and far from outdated.

Last edited by oli@bass : 18.04.2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 18.04.2017, 11:43 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Really wanted those JMJ patches but can't find them on his website
Old 19.04.2017, 07:09 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Really wanted those JMJ patches but can't find them on his website
Nearly missed them as well. The link is below the examples an called "My Virus patches in Sysex midi-files".
Old 19.04.2017, 08:26 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli@bass View Post
Nearly missed them as well. The link is below the examples an called "My Virus patches in Sysex midi-files".
Nice one Oli! God knows why he didn't put them all in one bank though?
Old 12.11.2017, 01:45 PM
Infektion taking hold...

well done on that article mate! the lack of tension on this forum and activity from Access' side makes me sad on one hand... on the other it might just be the nature of today's world of ever changing short lifespan palette of products and we just got so used to things happening and happening all the time in commerce. Virus is one of the last things people made a real effort creating putting all their hearts and knowledge into, maybe the reason behind being so 'idle' is that there is nothing really much more to be added to give it another 10 years of official support, especially if those chips not going to be around for ever. I'm not a technical guy, but maybe that's why they don't invest more in its development and you know what? after 13 years of love for the Virus even without owning one am still in love and I think it's perfect as it is.
I've created a Facebook page where we could al gather together and share our stuff - now I'm finally about to buy a Ti 2 desktop I'm sure there are a lot of creative users out there to keep the cult alive! join me at https://m.facebook.com/virusforever/ and share your work, thoughts, pics or anything
Old 14.11.2017, 10:32 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I've jut ordered my TI2 desktop from one of the local retailers in Hungary and they said the earliest to get it is december... apparently, there is a problem with Access' distribution... now it's more special: they do every order one by one like Swiss watchmakers
Old 14.11.2017, 01:13 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Still highly infekted, using Virus daily, can't go a day without my Virus "fix" as it were, mainly noodling rather than production, though.

The Virus is a fanatstic sounding unit, always will be, I'm just really saddened that Access have not continued to update the line to give even more sonic possibilities, especially with the rennaissance of hardware synths and separately the modern production & synthesis techniques used on VSTs over the last few years.
Old 19.11.2017, 11:06 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Yeah still love my Virus but things have moved on and the Virus hasn't sadly. So many cheaper soft synths out there that can compete with it plus many new hardware ones also...I just hope they keep up with the software updates to accomodate new DAW/computer OS updates otherwise it's back to midi/audio cables