Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.11.2011, 11:36 PM
New here
New here

Default Multiple Instances in Cubase 6

This is a hack, but because of real-time freezing in Cubase 6 you can get multiple instances to work. If you use the VST3 version of the Virus, you can instantiate a plugin on a track, work with the automation directly below it, freeze, and select the option "unload instrument when frozen". Then you can do repeat these steps for each additional track. The only problem is that you can only have one instance unfrozen at a time. Still it works.
Old 27.11.2011, 01:32 AM
Infektion taking hold...

That is an awesome find my friend! I hate the fact that I can't use a Virus Control as an instrument track because I have to map each VC part to a Cubase midi channel. This method might actually save a lot of headache because I was rendering down each and every part of my virus tracks whenever I had to free up power. I have a Polar TI|2 but even when I'm only using 4-5 tracks on the VC I still get arp hiccups and sustained note dropouts.

So basically, every time I create a Virus Instrument in Cubase I just use the first part. How to I setup the midi/output channels when I start loading up more than one Virus Instance?