Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.11.2011, 10:47 PM
New here
New here

I saw ur posts and checked out this Jarre dude. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! sorry, i respect that u may like it, but I have no clue as to how or why. Some of the bleeps and buzzes are interesting, otherwise the music itself is pretty silly. I'm from Harlem NYC, nobody here would give it a second listen.
Old 16.11.2011, 06:35 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper View Post
I saw ur posts and checked out this Jarre dude. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! sorry, i respect that u may like it, but I have no clue as to how or why. Some of the bleeps and buzzes are interesting, otherwise the music itself is pretty silly. I'm from Harlem NYC, nobody here would give it a second listen.
A little part of the how and why is paying due homage to a pioneer in territory (electronic music) which we now regard as established. He played the notes and played the gigs so that we, the jejune, don't have to. Maybe the folks of Harlem have lost some of their music historical perspective. Or maybe it's partly a New World/Old World thing which explains mutual incomprehension in so many fields of endeavour. Music itself can't be silly; only people can be silly. Jarre ain't silly. He done all right for himself, and for the brother- and sisterhood of music generally.
Old 16.11.2011, 10:21 AM
Pro
Pro

Dear topper,

Go read Jarre wiki. Then go read the history of electronic music. See what names pop up, a key is stockhausen, schaeffer. Without the early experiments of people like them, ambient and electronic music literally would not exist in the way it does today. The music might sound dated (im certainly not a stockhausen fan in any case) but the ideas and concepts those two helped pioneer have made their way into virtually all forms of music now.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/