Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.03.2006, 05:43 AM
New here
New here

Access have a couple of options
1) Post intermediate update and announce publically that they're still working on 'tweaking' the operating system.
2) Or if that doesn't work for legal/commercial reasons, post intermediate update and continue to ignore publically that they're any problems and let it known through the forums (or not at all) that they're releasing the next 'bug fix' update asap.

Either way the people complaining about problems with the operating system will continue to complain over the intervening period before the bug fix is released, and that way the rest of the community who would appreciate the extra functionality can get that asap.
Old 03.03.2006, 07:34 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

<rant>

I think the best thing we can do for everyone's sake is to be alert and post updates from other forums so we can keep each other informed.

The difference in response to such a message posted here in comparison to the mailing list it was posted on is quite noticable. On the mailing list I think there have been about 5 replies, 3 saying fair enough & looking forward to a good solid release and the other 2 saying why not release 1.0.95 now...

I think Jase is right - if Marc had posted on this forum he would have been lambasted with a lot of unproductive grief. It looks like Access simply wants to concentrate on getting the OS solid before concentrating on new functionality.

And in the meantime send examples of projects and working scenrios of reproducable bugs to Access to help them with the development. I know its not an ideal situation but bitching about it ain't gonna change anything - I know I've been guilty of it too but what is it going to achieve?

Come on guys - I am sure you all simply want the synth to work and work it will if we all pull together and help Access resolve the issues. I am sure your faith will be repayed in earnest over the coming years in the form of user uploadable waves, new filters etc...

So lets keep the faith and stop the bitching - its just causing ill fealing and getting us nowhere!

</rant>

Drammy
Old 03.03.2006, 12:01 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Oh, if only the VC could be used without audio and MIDI over USB... that would be really cool in terms of audio quality and ease of use. Should be possible without any programming stress, right ?

Plllleeeeaaasssseee

NUENDO 3.2
Old 03.03.2006, 03:28 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Adloff
Oh, if only the VC could be used without audio and MIDI over USB... that would be really cool in terms of audio quality and ease of use. Should be possible without any programming stress, right ?

Plllleeeeaaasssseee
good idea! that would be really nice!
Old 03.03.2006, 03:33 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Better still, the guys at Access could simply pre-arrange to mail one of the Mods on these forums any official announcements too, and allow the Mods to post it here as a sticky and/or locked thread. The thread would also document details of how to contact Access through the official channels (email, phone, etc.) so they don't even need to participate in debate.

However, it'd still let us know that they do in fact care about customers and the people here, and are working for constructive progression regarding bug-reporting/fixing, etc..

Otherwise, Hollowcell's sub-forum section idea, where only Access employees can post copies of their mailing-list announcements was a great suggestion.

Just an idea...
Old 03.03.2006, 03:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

The important point you raise is in enuring that issues are reported directly to Access support, rather than just being posted here as irate rants (which really does nobody any good).

I however have no doubt that the rants would still get posted (as we have seen) with the addition of quoting bit from response emails (as we have also seen)
Old 21.03.2006, 10:28 PM
Pro
Pro

http://www.thechildhealthsite.com
Old 21.03.2006, 10:36 PM
Pro
Pro

what about a shift lock mode? double pressing it within 0,5s activates the hold mode and you have the hand free...

someone has suggested a similar thing already I think... however
http://www.thechildhealthsite.com