Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.03.2006, 09:30 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling
Default I'm returning my TI...I'm afriad of the issues..any thoughts

I just bought the t1 keyboard a month ago, I have 45 days to return it....

I love it, I love the sounds, But I'm insecure about all these issues....

I'm not claiming to any hot shot producer, but my tracks were all done in reason and on a nord (which I don't have access to anymore).
I think all this "total integration" stuff is amazing, reminds me of the late 90's when bandwidth ruined the internet/dot com.....My gut feeling is that despite hyper saw, saw palmeto , etc......The machine is not 100%

Good old fashioned midi is more reliable than usb. I dusted off some 90's astral projection and other electronica to remind my self that amazing music was done with midi.......

I think I'm going to gett the nord lead 2 (if somebody can recomend the 3 over the 2 please let me know) and wait for the t2.......

$2500 is lot of money for me to feel insecure ((I got my bald head and 3 inch dick to be insecure about, I don't need it in a synth as well))

Thoughts, opinions, Kazul, 80's synth guy???

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 19.03.2006, 09:38 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

If you want like the Virus sound you could always get a second hand Virus B/C for less than half the price of a new TI and buy another synth to go with it

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 19.03.2006, 11:07 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
If you want like the Virus sound you could always get a second hand Virus B/C for less than half the price of a new TI and buy another synth to go with it
Well I had bought a used copy of powercore virus (which is how I got sucked into the virus world) and love the sounds, but my computer is too slow to really use it optimally......so I use it as an efx plugin/vocoder in dp 4.6.......

The same amount of money gets me a nord lead 2 (which has been used in countless cross genres...... from trance to cock rock (80's hair metal) and back to trance.......

and leave $1500 left over toward a mactel (new mac)
I'm tired of being on the cutting edge, I want to stay an artist and have a reliable working set up until it breaks......

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 19.03.2006, 11:36 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

If I wasnt a techie - theres quite alot of 'not-quite-there-yet' bleeding edge gear I would have ditched very soon after I bought it, simpy because there comes a point when you spend so much time being f****d around with its issues that you never get much out of it.

The TI despite its issues is the only item in that category that I will tolerate - because when its working (which to be fair is most of the time) there simply is no other synth that comes close to it except perhaps for a Virus C.

Each to his own - I fully sampathise with you - there comes a point where you just need to get stuff done without something distracting you all the time. If you really like the Virus sound, then maybe a Virus C might be a good intermediate step until the TI stabilises.