Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 05.08.2014, 06:01 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Just bought an Analog Four ;-))

have been drooling over Elektron gear for years now, firstly the MD, then the OT, but have settled on the Analog Four
Old 05.08.2014, 04:02 PM
This forum member lives here

Nice purchase, I wouldn't mind to have one.
Old 05.08.2014, 10:30 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
Nice purchase, I wouldn't mind to have one.
yeah, i think it should complement the Virus quite well, it is apparently quite soft sounding (can be harsh too i guess)
Old 14.08.2014, 06:14 PM
Pro
Pro

How are you getting on with yours? Got the Analog Keys a while back and about 80% of the way to selling it...not gelling at all.

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 01.09.2014, 01:07 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post
How are you getting on with yours? Got the Analog Keys a while back and about 80% of the way to selling it...not gelling at all.
actually finding it a steep learning curve but love the sound and sequencer. It a mind f%&k to get your head around kits/patterns etc etc but love the deep sound.
Old 08.09.2014, 10:33 AM
Pro
Pro

Going to hang on in with it, the latest os1.11b update may help and the recent price drop has not!

Holding on to see what overbridge brings, hoping that's it's salvation for my work flow and used to vst plugins etc

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 08.09.2014, 11:17 AM

I'll be keeping an eye on Overbridge integration for sure.
Old 20.10.2014, 10:09 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Just thought I'd add that I have had an A4 for about a year now and I am same as you in that I just find the interface, method of working, and the whole mind f**k of the relationship between kits/patterns *entirely* non-intuitive and probably the worse gear purchase ever made on my end. Very close to selling it and would get a lot of pleasure while watching lightening strike it while plugged in...yeah, "the Elektron way" simply does not agree nor bode well with my brain...plus, lack of individual time signatures, lack of multi-direction of sequencer, and (this is huge) inability to adjust volume level of sub oscillators and NO MIDI OUT...dealbreakers. Elektron advertised it as having "full midi specs" but it simply is not entirely true. They want and expect you to purchase their other boxes to get the missing features intentially done and find that form of marketing manipulation really sucky! Also, the Reference Manual has to be the worse written document ever. I fell for the hype and learned an important lesson with this. (yeah, I hate the thing)
Not holding out for overbridge because have a strong feeling it will be just as convoluted to use and probably mainly cater to the Ableton Live crowd, of which is not my DAW and highly doubt they make it inclusive for Reaper.

I have never tried so hard to wrap my head around a piece of gear as I have with the A4 and has been really frustrating because their forum seems to have a lot of people that give answers as if they are texting while riding a roller coaster, not to mention quite snarky and immature answers. RTFM is popular answer and that would be all and well if the Reference Manual were actually well-written...it's not! Kind of spoiled with Access and Waldorf consistently having extremely well-written User Manuals.
Old 27.01.2015, 04:39 AM
Pro
Pro

Just to update here since I have been away for a while: I still really cannot wrap my head intuitively around the A4 so back in July, '14 purchased the most inspirational, creativity-infusing instrument, the Moog Sub 37. Next month a major update will be making Elektron folk drool over it's sequencer abilities...love it and yes, still love my Virus.
Old 28.01.2015, 12:39 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah! The Sub-37 must be something, uh? cheers