Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 09.09.2011, 02:05 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default Nord Lead ?

I know that this topic has been discussed, but my question is a bit different.

I have a Virus TI. I produce PsyTrance. It is said that the Nord Lead has got some special crunchiness good for cutting psytrance leads and stuff...

Thing is, I had a NL 2x, but sold...either it was because it sounded to soft compared to a 1 or 2, or cause I had to little experience at the time...or?...

Anyway, the thing is can't Virus do the kind of stuff NL is good at? Don't say try before u buy cause I have no place to do that. That's why I need ur help guys, not to spend other hard earned money in vain.
I must mention I also got an Evolver and a Tetra. (also I must mention I just bought a Supernova, only to realize Virus can do everything it can do and more...so money thrown away )

Thanks a lot!
Old 09.09.2011, 05:24 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI View Post
(also I must mention I just bought a Supernova, only to realize Virus can do everything it can do and more...so money thrown away )
Not quite money thrown away, the Supernova has a good arpeggiator which can do things the Virus arp can't - also that 3rd envelope comes in quite handy at times too
Old 15.09.2011, 08:23 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Man I ditched my NL2 to finance my TI. I can think of nothing my Virus can't do. Period. I haven't gotten too deep into the arp yet, but the NL arp was just up, down or up and down. I'm seriously considering ditching my XS25, AN1x and XL7 too...

http://soundcloud.com/austin_tacious/sikstreyrelik