Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 02.02.2006, 07:56 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Its hard to say what kind of music I do.

I enjoy breakbeat, with big atmospheres but most of my tracks end up completely different to how they started out anyway!

Definately Dance orientated though...

I just enjoy messing about rather than actually getting anywhere towards writing an entire tune. Hence the reason why I created 4BarLoop.com for people like myself. There is a snippet of some of my work on that site, in the files section, I think I also posted a couple fo track in the Forum member's music section here.

Not very good I'm afraid - I just enjoy it. I like the sound and production rather than the songwriting.
Old 06.02.2006, 11:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to core7 Send a message via MSN to core7 Send a message via Yahoo to core7

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno_7
I use Ozone 3 (www.izotope.com) which includes a harmonic exiter with differents forms of soft saturation and distortion...just like tape sat. I don't know alot about howto use it, but i usually saturate the middle frequencies of the track (300-10000) a bit, and maybe a little in the top too. Is some fatness is needed i delay it with a couple of milliseconds. I usually do this in the stereo imager though.
I use Ozone on everything. You can use Izotope Trash for tape saturation as well.
Old 07.02.2006, 06:12 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Cheers folks for your replies. Got a few ideas now - I have also been looking at the IK T-RackS mastering suite. Anyone used this?
Old 07.02.2006, 08:48 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
Cheers folks for your replies. Got a few ideas now - I have also been looking at the IK T-RackS mastering suite. Anyone used this?
Ozone kicks its ass
Old 07.02.2006, 09:25 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

I personally think that Ozone is better than T-Racks, but it's still not very good. Ozone sounds really harsh in the midrange and can really suck the life out of a mix, even on subtle settings.

Waves L3-Multimaximiser is great when used with caution.
Old 23.08.2006, 12:54 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Magneto which is one of the standard cubase\nuendo plugins does this pretty well
Old 24.08.2006, 01:07 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Magneto is really nice on pads/strings and cutting leads I've found.

Drammy, thanks for sharing those demos. The tape-sat really brought those loops to life, it was freaky!

>>Was going to put the UAD Precision Limiter over it, but that would just be dangling the carrot on a stick!

Go on, we're all geeks and gear whores here!

Timo

(Waiting for a Magma eCard-to-PCIe convertor + chassis to be released before being able to buy and use a UAD card on my laptop )
Old 25.08.2006, 09:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlakeLight

I'd agree with people on PSP's great... EVERYTHING by PSP is phenomenal. Nitro is the best filter out there. Vintagewarmer works wonders when used for mangling or making the track warmer. I dont care much for Antares Tube.

To warm up the track I also recommend runnning it through emulations of guitar amps... such as Amplitube 2, Guitar Rig 2, or Guitar Rack 2 by Waves. These, when used in conjunction with the Vintagewarmer, give great results.

Remember Vintagewarmer works with ANYTHING... its awesome. It makes distortions more bad ass, mixes more full, compresses, limits... though it doesnt do anything to sexually satisfy you. Unless your music gets you in with your lady.
Old 26.08.2006, 03:55 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday Dream
Magneto which is one of the standard cubase\nuendo plugins does this pretty well
Probably the *only* useful plugin in the Cubase box...
Old 26.08.2006, 07:45 PM
Administrator

I dunno, I quite like Cubase's "VST Dynamics" plugin for its compressor. It's, quite literally, the only compressor plugin i've used to date that I can get to 'pump' easily.

Apart from that and Magneto, the rest of Cubase' plugins are shite. That god awful reverb plug for a start... who the fark designed that?! Metallic, horrid, nasty thing.

I think they take the "optimising the code so that even uber-crappy computers can run it" ideology too far.

Yes, you can run 10000 instances of NaturalVerb, but would you want to?!