Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.12.2006, 09:59 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default TI Hyper saw

I must admit im tempted to buy a TI.
not for the TI mode or anything. just to use a synth like im using my current virus.

Its the Hypersaw thats tempting me after reading about it, but i havent actually heard a raw hypersaw.

So does anyone have time to upload some raw hypersaw sounds for me to check out. preferably in wav format

I have some demos of the JP8080 supersaw and want to compare them, might be better off to just buy a JP second hand

thanks in advance
Old 12.12.2006, 04:49 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

What genre? I assuming your after typical trance lead sounds associated with the JP80xx?

JP is generally more punchy - but nothing that a compressor wont sort out. The fizziness comes from the filters - so raw hypersaw samples wont tell you much.

Maybe post you ssaw demos and perhaps some of us might try and match with the TI...

Also worth nothing that alot of trancey JP80xx are probably a couple of patches layered via midi, so 2 saw oscs + 2 ssaw oscs - on a TI - 2 saws+single saw on second osc + add twin unison, and use filter 2 with some low level noise to give the fizzy high end. Usually need to boost the high EQ for this, and add more presence in mid for extra punchiness.

It can get very close - more a matter of filters and EQ, but depend what you are after. You will more likely find that other kind of sounds will grab you instead, or that sticking it through transient shaping or comrpession will take you places the JP wont.

Also if you are really supersaw obsessed, then you can easily make a mono patch with (18+1) * 8 saws in it with noise sources too, ie quite sick...

If it is just supersaws you are after and you really must have the JP80xx sound character - then eitehr get one of those, or maybe SH-201 or V-Synth is worth thinking about.
Old 12.12.2006, 05:46 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

im just curious to hear the hypersaw thats all.
im not really looking to create that trance supersaw sound, just wanted to hear a raw 1 osc hypersaw (no fx or filters, just clean how it comes off the TI) so i could see how phat it sounds and compare it to a totally clean and raw supersaw sample i have.

Was just under the impression that a hypersaw or supersaw would sound loads phatter than a standard saw and be useful for many big sounds.
Old 13.12.2006, 12:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Stick your JP samples up and Ill try and match the detune then you will have a very rough idea.

The hypersaw isnt a single sound - its continually variable from 1 to 9 saws with variable detune between the saws of course.

It sounds richer more than fatter until you start modulating it. If you want fat - then dial it over to hypersquare and then things get real messy - expect doors to rattle, walls to crumble, shelves to collapse - that kind of thing along with very pannicked siesmic survey people turning up wanting to know WTF is going on...