Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 09.07.2006, 10:01 PM
This forum member lives here

Default Anybody here into the Martial Arts?

If so, What do you take and how long have you been doing it?
Old 09.07.2006, 11:26 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I'm a Denim belt in Origami, fuck with me and i'll fold you into a Penguin
Old 09.07.2006, 11:36 PM

Hehehe

I used to take Taekwondo when I was little. Got to kick some pine wood planks and bust some moves. But then the teen years set in and alls I did was smoke reefer and laugh at cartoons

Such a fekkin waster!

Oh, and I did take some kickboxing lessons a while ago.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 10.07.2006, 12:22 AM

I used to do Kuk Sool Wan (Korean MA), back in the day, but amk thinking I want to start up again. i am going to start with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu when i move to NYC. I like the fact that BJJ is more of a thinking mans game, similar to a chess match, only a fight.
The sad thing is I will be a 27y/o white belt, and will have teenagers kicking my ass for awhile. If I can get over this, I will enjoy it! TIme to leave the ego at the door I guess.
Old 10.07.2006, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
I used to do Kuk Sool Wan (Korean MA), back in the day, but amk thinking I want to start up again. i am going to start with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu when i move to NYC. I like the fact that BJJ is more of a thinking mans game, similar to a chess match, only a fight.
The sad thing is I will be a 27y/o white belt, and will have teenagers kicking my ass for awhile. If I can get over this, I will enjoy it! TIme to leave the ego at the door I guess.
Never too old to start up again my friend, and i can pretty much guarantee that you will see all age ranges at whatever studio you join (especially if you do BJJ) But before you actually join any studio, I highly recommend you check out some of the Jeet Kune Do studios in nyc (which includes many aspects of bjj)
Old 10.07.2006, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
But before you actually join any studio, I highly recommend you check out some of the Jeet Kune Do studios in nyc (which includes many aspects of bjj)
Looked into already and there seem to be some good studios in NYC. You do JKD Doc? I am looking for a more lax training environment hence the BJJ aspect. JKD seems more of a traditional kind of art ( even though Bruce Lee came up with it only 30 or so years ago.)
Old 10.07.2006, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Looked into already and there seem to be some good studios in NYC. You do JKD Doc? I am looking for a more lax training environment hence the BJJ aspect. JKD seems more of a traditional kind of art ( even though Bruce Lee came up with it only 30 or so years ago.)
I'm just getting ready to start studying it next month (I've been training to get in shape for it for the past few months) I've been studying martial arts in one form or another since high school (I'm in my 30s now - yup an old fart compared to most of the guys on this board) and have found jkd to be an amazingly well rounded, street fighting oriented system. My jaw literally hit the floor when I first saw some of the instructors demonstrating tactics through all the ranges of fighting, including grappling and submissions. But don't get me wrong, BJJ is a phenomenal system - pretty much all the top mma guys study it.
Old 10.07.2006, 04:14 AM

I am going to head to Renzo Gracie's academy in midtwon NYC. WHere do you plan on studying JKD?
Old 10.07.2006, 05:15 AM

Quote:
I am going to head to Renzo Gracie's academy in midtwon NYC. WHere do you plan on studying JKD?
There is a jkd studio about 5 minutes from where I live in Austin. I believe the instructors are from the Inosanto - Vunak line, so I am really looking forward to studying and training there.

When are you moving to nyc? (and I forget, do you live in the South right now?) Good choice of studio - no doubt, if you are going to study jj, gracie is the way to go. It's funny, but I still see Royce no matter what I am watching - ufc, pride, k1, and at 40 something, he still does great!
Old 10.07.2006, 11:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I done Judo when I was younger, got to an Orange belt 7th Mon but then was sidetracked by girls, drugs and Techno music.
I've never looked back since