Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

View Poll Results: TI or C
TI 7 53.85%
C 6 46.15%
VST PLUGIN EQUIVALENT 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22.09.2006, 04:50 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default TI or C = ?6-700

Hi All,

making my debut on infekted with a question that should keep me here forever or i'll be off to the roland forums to ask about juno-g's if I can't make my mind up.

I WANT A VIRUS

CAN AFFORD A DESKTOP C! BUT SHALL I SAVE FOR A TI???

OBVIOUSLY WOULD LOVE A TI for the virtualness BUT WOULD LIKE SOME FEEDBACK ON PEOPLE THAT HAVE DONE THE SAME AS ME BUT REGRETTED IT

Am I right in thinking the TI is basically gonna cost me twice the price of a C but all I get is an soundcard/interface and a vst version?

I've already got a soundcard and its not a problem to record any samples from any outboard stuff I have, so do I really need TI in my life when I can have C which leaves me X to spend on other things

TI or C =

Sorry to re-repeat anyone else's post's as I bet this has been asked a million times, but once I know what to do i'll be your friend I promise

p.s. if i'm going for a TI it will be the full octave version
Old 22.09.2006, 05:44 PM
Pro
Pro

I have owned B, KC and Powercore versions and I've been testing the TI now for 1.5 weeks. I can say that the C-series have the best value/money ratio. TI is better if you like to use the usb connection but I feel like playing my ex KC when I play this Virus TI keyb. Nice synth but the price is high because they're new. C-series also has less bugs. The hypersaw and wavetables are not very important to me either so I would manage with C very well. TI still has some bugs but it's going the right direction. Current 1.2.3 version is usable but somehow I still prefer C which was bugless at least for me. The usb connection works only at 16bits and introduces much more latency than playing thru analog outs and software monitoring in your sequencer with powercore plugins. Many of my favourite virus presets don't use any of the new TI features so C is enough.
Old 22.09.2006, 06:57 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

see i make techno so hypersaw and wavetables are VERY important to me (i guess thats why i also have a jp8080 )

when i was waiting for my TI i had the choice of going for a c, but in the end i declined it because the ti just had that much more to offer me.
Old 22.09.2006, 10:59 PM
This forum member lives here

I have a C and I have never thought about upgrading to a TI. The wavetables still aren't user importable and although the "hyper saw" can push out some pretty nasty sounds it hasn't seemed to get that mas-appeal of the "super saw". Then there's the bugs, but the bugs do seem to be getting sorted slowly (very slowly). Also I am not interested in "total intergration" either.

I guess if I was in your situation, I'd buy a C and with the money saved I would buy a completely different machine for new tonal characture.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 22.09.2006, 11:06 PM
Administrator

I have a Virus B and am fairly happy with it at the moment as it still has a large-ish portion of that distinctive Virus sound that all the others have. The only things that outrightly appeal to me of the latter models are the C's Moog filter and the TI's Hypersaw. So at this moment I'm keeping the B until a TI v2 comes out (probably in a year or so's time), where the difference between them would then be very well worth justifying the extra outlay.

If this was your first Virus and you'd like the Hypersaw, the Wavetables, the extra poly and the integrated stuff, then the TI will be what you're after. If you want to get a portion of the Virus sound and wish to upgrade to a TI v2 at a later time, then the C might be what you're after. It's your call.
Old 24.09.2006, 06:39 PM
Very mucho Newbie

ok so what examples can you give (other than hands on hardware) that the virus is worth spending all that money, when I could get a VST equivalent that emulates the virus
Old 24.09.2006, 07:48 PM
Administrator

A VSTi that emulates the virus? buahahah.

Vanguard tries, but...

Good luck.
Old 24.09.2006, 11:05 PM
Very mucho Newbie

thanks timo, I understand what you mean, still 1500 pounds is a lot of money so need to make the right choice here. is the TI 2 in production?, do you think it will be released soon, will the unit be different or is it an upgrade to the virtual side of things?
Old 24.09.2006, 11:54 PM
Administrator

>>is the TI 2 in production?

No. No word of a TI v2 has ever been mentioned, by anyone. It's merely a theoretical figment of my imagination and a guess based on previous patterns. Sorry if I misled you.

>>do you think it will be released soon

No. And if there ever was to be a TI v2, it would certainly not be for (at the very least) another one or two years, I'm guessing. Access tend to release new synths every 2-3 years, but I think any such TI v2 will probably take a year or so longer than that due to the staggered release of the TI v1.

>>will the unit be different or is it an upgrade to the virtual side of things?

Utterly no idea.

Ignore all this talk about a theoretical TI v2. The current TI v1 will most likely see at least one large set of OS/software updates and enhancements long before anything like a TI v2 would ever see ever the light of day. The only reason I'm waiting until a theoretical TI v2 is because I can't afford a new Virus any time soon. A year or two down the line I will be.

But don't even concern yourself about what or wont be included in any OS upgrades. Buy something you want for what it does today, not what it 'might' do tomorrow.

If you want the wavetables, the hypersaw, the virtual control, the added polyphony, the usb midi + audio, the independent reverb and delay effects per part, the programmable arpeggiator, the larger LCD, then save up and buy the TI. If you don't feel you need or want any of those features, then buy the C.
Old 25.09.2006, 09:57 AM

Regarding the TI MKI and hyperthetical MKII release...

Once the last remaining bugs have been ironed out....Im expecting Access to reward TI users with some interesting updates. They may or may not be working on those updates right now. What Im trying to say is.....a MKII version is probably some ways off (2 years). Access will want to ensure success with the MKI before they are seen to usher a MKII out the door....

Will a MKII be different or will it be an upgrade to the virtual side of things? Well, its likely to be a bit of both. If you really see yourself wanting to go down the integrated route then a MKII will likely satisfy those needs more readily than the current MKI does. If your like me however and are quite happy to use analog outs and record the synth the old fashioned way...and use Virus Control for patch storage and organising parts or whatever....then the TI MKI is already powerful enough to see you through the next 15-20 years.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....