Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.10.2005, 11:57 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default Unable to use TI even without Virus Control

Hey folks,

I've been in touch with Access regarding problems with the Virus Control - timing problems, unable to use Virus Control without having the Virus as the audio driver. But now I have found many problems just using the Virus without any Total Infuriation, analog outs and MIDI.

My problems are:

Patches slowly mutate characteristics as they're sequenced. For example, ROM-G 76 ShortBasBC loses its attack if I switch to another patch to edit in sequencer mode, and ROM-I 49 LowKick RP gets pitched up and down randomly if I switch between patches in the same way.

Secondly, I can't for the life of me get Logic to consistently respond to MIDI notes sent by the Virus. I've tried reinstalling all drivers, the latest update from Access, and nothing seems to work consistently. I've spent over a week now trying to get this bastard machine to work.

These problems are all manifested using a new project in Logic 7.1.1 on Mac OS 10.4.2

The sounds are gorgeous, but up top it has serious mental issues. I'm considering trading it for something less attractive but mentally stable.

I've yet to hear back from Access about these problems.
Old 22.10.2005, 12:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I get the best results when you actually unplug the USB CABLE. Old fashioned midi with analog outs.

I haven't experienced the parameter changes you speak of ( only with the USB cable plugged in with Virus Control did I get Programmable arp messups between part changing ).

My work flow: Use Usb + virus control and not USB audio. Use all the wonders of the Virus Control for patch browsing and editing etc - Then Unplug the USB cable, use normal midi and everything sounds as tight as my old virus b.
Old 22.10.2005, 12:47 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

I am running the TI without the USB cable. I have a clean Logic project running with nothing but three channels of MIDI triggered TI. If I load a kick drum patch onto channel 1, and then press a key triggering channel 2, the kick on channel one gets pitched up and down randomly. The same happens with bass sounds and arps. After about 5 minutes of this, the TI refuses to send out MIDI note data, and I have to run around the house shouting to avoid putting a crack in my display and an elbow dent on the TI.

btw, I am unable to use the VirusControl UNLESS I have the Virus selected as my Audio Driver. If I use another driver, such as the EMI 2|6, the Virus Control fails to initialise.