Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.05.2004, 06:26 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Default FAO THE ONE LIKE DIGITAL HOWLER...

Allright mate I noticed on another post that you have or had a delta 10/10 at one time and just curious on how you had yours set up!!

Basically I couldn't get my midi off as audio at first and had it set up like this..

"Output 1" ---> "speakers"

"Virus" ---> "input 1"

And on patchbay router in Delta preferences I had monitor mixer selected! I could hear my Virus and sounds from computer (Audio) out by speakers but couldnt get my midi off as audio with SX! so I re routed like this!!

"Virus" ------> "Input 1"
"output 1" ------> "Input 3" then "output 3" to by speakers

This worked and then could get an audio signal in SX off my Virus but had to keep the input or output 3 muted for infinity feedback reasons which is fine and worked but dont think its still the right way to have it set up!!!

How did u have yours set up mate Or got any tips? as I have no mixer and would of been allot easier if I did but I havnt!!

Any ideas............
Old 11.05.2004, 08:18 AM
This forum member lives here

Is this question directed at me? Yes I had a Delta 10/10 and I used it with no hardware mixer as well. I had it set up as follows (from memory!)

Audio out --->>>>> Audio in Audio out
Virus 1 & 2 Delta 10/10 1 & 2 Delta 10/10 1 & 2 >> Monitor speakers!

In the software mixer section of the Delta 10/10 just make sure nothing is muted. I cant remember the specifics though.
Old 11.05.2004, 08:27 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Sorry mate for my lack of inteligence but can you say that again as i dont understand what you mean!!

Quote:
Audio out --->>>>> Audio in Audio out

Do you mean you routed the sound "output 1 and 2" on the delta and put them straight back in to "input 1 and 2"

Sorry mate really cant make out what you meant!
Old 11.05.2004, 08:52 PM

Ah yes I see my post came out wrong and hence confusing...oopps

What I meant was this:

Virus Audio out 1&2 into Delta 10/10 Audio inputs 1&2 then.....

Delta 10/10 Audio output 1&2 to your monitor speakers.

*Within the Delta system tray make sure that none of the channels is muted and that channels 1 & 2 are selected for your main output to monitors. You can use the Delta midi interface simple enuff from within ur sequencer.

I can remember any more specific details cos i no longer have the 10/10. Having said that....Im temptted to buy it again cos its an excellant piece of recording gear and will help me to get into midi.

DS
Old 12.05.2004, 07:05 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Thanks mate!!

In actual fact my first post was wrong to because they way you just mentioned above is the way I had it set up first time around! but couldnt get any signal back in to my inputs of SX! which is odd because it sould work thats why I re routed it!!
The way you mention I had my virus and computer cuming out the speakers just no signal for recording my midi off as audio!! strange!

Ill re wire it again and see what happens!!
Old 13.05.2004, 09:47 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Havnt had time to re wire it yet mate with new Nord here and stuff but will give it another go tomorrow, but I have a another problem I cant seem to sus...

You know in SX where u can select your ASIO? well, I can select my DELTA ASIO but when it does that test I lose loads of buffers and says it has failed the test!!

Any ideas mate? seems to be OK like, but have no idea how to stop this from doing it.

Never used to do it with audiophile...........

Any suggestions mate?