Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07.11.2011, 06:00 PM
New here
New here

Default Using Virus as a workstation

Hi guys

I've been making electronic music on and off for 10 years now. Most of that time its been done on a PC, while I've had various bits of hardware. When I was younger I enjoyed making music on the PC, now I don't. My fav times making music was when I had a Roland D2 groovebox and then later when I had the Korg Electribe EMX1.

I like to have just one bit of kit. I really enjoy working that way. Now the problem with the Korg is it is just not versatile enough. I like the sound of the virus a lot, and its one of the only synths around that has enough power to make a complete track (edm sort) without any bouncing or multi-tracking. All I would need is a sequencer of some kind.

Has anyone here attempted to use it this way? are there any limitations I should know about first? Do insert effects such as distortion or flanger/chorus effetc introduce noticeable delay into the sound path so that for example if you had a kick on one track and a bass with compressor or distortion on another they would be a few miliseconds out of sync with each other? This has happened on other hardware I've used in the past as a workstation.

Thanks!