Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 09.10.2005, 11:22 AM

tk, could you answer please the question I made a couple of posts above? please...

You can listen to some of my humble music here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=218341
Old 09.10.2005, 11:32 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Hi Origami,

Yes it should work fine.
Old 09.10.2005, 05:20 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk
The DPSs of the Virus TI work with 24bit. The samplerate of them is 44.1 or 48kHz, this depends on your project/ASIO settings, the Virus adapts to these rates. You can also wordclock the Virus via SPDIF.

The USB audio transfer is 16bit.

For other rates, like using a 96kHz project, the Virus Control does provide you with an appropriate audio stream.

The Virus will not prevent you using your prefered project environment. Just try it.
This is the stuff the TI user want to know and I've not found anything like this info communcated in the manual or online at Access. I have a Polar here for evaluation and the possibility to use it in what kind of project's sampling rate is an absolut crucial information! I feared, until your statement, that I would be stucked with 44.1/48 projects. Personally I have no problems anymore to have a synth sample rate converted into e.g. a 96 Khz project - SRCs are nowadays very good. Is the TI USB driver or the TI internally doing a sampling rate conversion to the projects sampling rate? How does it work? I thought about the possiblity to do an SRC with the digital output of the TI but was stucked with the problem that the playback via the SPDIF is not latency compensated and is completely out of time with higher latency. It's a drawback here because there should be a V-Control option to delay compensate the SPDIF output too. Is this coming? Are there other options for USB streaming in the pipeline, like 24 bit streaming on one USB stereo channel or alike?
Old 09.10.2005, 05:25 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk

Again: this is an "unofficial" forum, neither hosted nor driven by us. We are happy to help here, too, but you have to accept that we are not around here all the time since we have jobs to do.
But you are giving out crucial and important info here which is highly appreciated. There is no official forum availabe AFAIK and therefore it's much more interactive to include other users instead just having a simple two way communication with the support.
The new TI series is huge step forward IMO in usability of external hardware synths within host applications and it should be supported by good and splendid communcation from Access.
Old 09.10.2005, 05:28 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

There isnt a an official forum - just a mailing list that works kind of like a forum.

I dont use it because I hate all the spam that mailing lists generate.
Old 09.10.2005, 05:32 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
There isnt a an official forum - just a mailing list that works kind of like a forum.

I dont use it because I hate all the spam that mailing lists generate.
Ampfea manage their mailing lists very well, and the likelihood of your getting spam via the access list is incredibly small. It's more of a problem with some of the more common hosts, e.g. Yahoo.
Old 09.10.2005, 06:17 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Sorry - I didnt mean spam from outside the list - I meant spam as in *lots* of legit email from the list
Old 09.10.2005, 06:28 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
Sorry - I didnt mean spam from outside the list - I meant spam as in *lots* of legit email from the list
Ah - fair enough
Old 09.10.2005, 09:03 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkf

Is the TI USB driver or the TI internally doing a sampling rate conversion to the projects sampling rate? How does it work?
i was wondering how this is achieved aswell!
im thinking it must be the usb driver?
which is also strange because realtime samplerate conversion
is heavy stuff i thought!
Old 09.10.2005, 11:13 PM
Am starting to like this forum

i don't have too much tech knowledge, but it sounds to me like your DAW must act like a 'master' clock synchronizer, and the TI follows the sample rate set by it.

i could be completely wrong, tho.