Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.12.2004, 06:35 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Kid
the indigo started out as a limited edition thing the high price justifies a smaller and technically inferior product to the keyboard version. seeing as the indigo/polar seems to have been established as part of the virus family proper i do think they should drop the price slightly. but then again, you pay for looks and the indigo/polar series jsut looks so fucking cool
As far as I know, The Polar is not technically inferiour to the Virus Ti 61 key version. You are paying for portability and power as much as you are for looks.

DS
Maybe not technically, but it is physically inferior. It's lacking 24 notes from the 61-note version, and they aren't semi-weighted. It has a smaller chassis too, requiring less raw materials.

BTW, why shouldn't a 37-note keyboard be used as a master? That's perfectly acceptable for a soft-studio, as most stuff is made in non-realtime so parts can be layered on each pass.
Besides, it's not even like the 61-note Virus can have split-layers with different patches on different key-zones anyway. Yet.
Old 22.12.2004, 01:51 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Why not just the desktop version, a nice MIDI-keyboard and a MIDI-interface. Works fine with me (just need a better keyboard; the one i got is crap) cause then i can use the keyboard with different synths instead of having more than one keyboard (witch would take up more space).

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 22.12.2004, 03:11 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Onkel Dunkel: Well I used to have a kc and I used to to control all my other synths without any problems...+ the kc keyboard is second to none
Old 22.12.2004, 07:31 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

well...alesis qs6 is pretty damn sexy if you like fully weighted keys with all the trimmings...
Old 23.12.2004, 12:45 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Kid
well...alesis qs6 is pretty damn sexy if you like fully weighted keys with all the trimmings...
strange sense of humor there wk. the qs6 is synth action, the qs8 is weighted.
most people say the qs6 keys are crap, but i forgive it, because it is release velocity capable.
Old 23.12.2004, 11:35 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

I?m used to my piano and therefore like full-weighted keys and i?d like to have aftertouch too but MIDI-keyboards with these specifications are god danm expensive and weigh a ton Actually i was considering the KC but it was 5000 dkr. (about 675?) more expensive than my C I could get a "M-Audio Keystation Pro 88" or a "Studiologic Midi-keyboard SL990XP88" for the price difference. If it had full-weighted keys i think i would have gone for a KC.

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 23.12.2004, 05:01 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

How is the feel of the Indigo series keys. I know its not semiweighted like the kc/kb but it is more substantial than say a Nord Lead 3 keybd or just about any other VA, right? I have only played a Indigo 2 for a few minutes at Guitar center many moons ago but I think I remember the kybd feeling less cheapo than others. Any thoughts, My next synth purchase will prally be an Indigo2, unless Santa brings me a sack full of hundreds
Old 20.10.2007, 09:02 AM
New here
New here

Hi all,

Just looking for a confirmation - is the TI POLAR and the TI full 61-key model key's identical in terms of action, weighting, aftertouch, material, overall quality etc? (aside from the differing octave range of course). Are they equally solid in build? Would be very interested to find out the answer to this!

Would be disappointed to hear the POLAR's keys were of less quality than the 61 key model.

Cheers,
EoN
Old 20.10.2007, 04:18 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Polar keys

On the Polar I think it's to easy to get double notes when hitting the keys.

Example: Rom A-64, First part is played normal, second part I hit the keys at the front end.
http://www.thesoundofmysynths.com/mp3/keys.mp3

Can't do the same at my Moog Little Phatty.
Old 21.10.2007, 09:01 AM
New here
New here

Wow - So they are different? The Polar doesn't have semi-weighted keys like the full size? Has anyone compared them side by side?