Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 12.04.2006, 07:29 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default Whats happening to this bass?

Hi, i'm talking about the wah wah effect you hear at the end.. LFO assigned on filter cutoff im guessing? Does anyone know how it was done? ..what kind of filter.. does the cutoff start low and go up and down or start high and go down and up? ..should i use env mode?. i've tried by messing with lfo on cutoff but i don't really know where to start.

http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...80N4EF4C6UDTCD
Old 12.04.2006, 07:42 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

well it sounds like 2 filters which are set one after the other.

one is a 2\4 pole lowpass and the other is high pass.

the high pass remains static (let all freq group pass) and only starts to filter then the filter wha wha accures.

for the whawha "effect" i would use the matrix and set modwheel to Lfo-Cutoff 1 and set the amount to a negetive value ,it might be 64 and it might be less,you make the call.

as for the highpass:
you can automate it manualy or use to matrix to assign the modwheel to cutoff 2 and set it to a possitive value but it will be hard to get the same control or exact effect as in the clip you posted.

good luck and use plenty of sidechain compression as i hear on this clip,it makes me sick personaly,i have to listen to that stuff in the gym all the time
Old 12.04.2006, 11:18 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I don't hear sidechaining there, infact I distinctly hear the bass playing at the same time as the kick.. You won't hear that on a sidechained track like satisfaction. Just cause a house song uses a buzzy saw doesn't mean its side-chained.. Benassi's saw actually has alot more low end so it has to be side chained.

I hear compression on the bass reverb making it come up when the bass stops.. actually now that I think of it the wah wah effect could be caused by side chaining? It almost sounds like it could be a high pass filter going up as the side chain on the bass is enabled..?

You'll have to tell me I can't tell.