Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 14.12.2016, 08:28 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default [unsolved] Can't get Virus TI keyboard to show up in ProTools

Hi there- I have a 2007 Virus TI keyboard. I recently got a new iMac- running El Capitan (10.11.6) and just installed the Virus software- (5.1.6.05), connected my Virus via USB. The software update seemed to work fine on my Virus. But when I opened ProTools (12.6.0), and tried to insert a stereo instrument, the Virus does not show up in the plugin list- is there something I'm doing wrong? Have I missed a step?
thanks

Last edited by audioaudio : 15.12.2016 at 04:00 AM.
Old 20.12.2016, 08:20 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioaudio View Post
Hi there- I have a 2007 Virus TI keyboard. I recently got a new iMac- running El Capitan (10.11.6) and just installed the Virus software- (5.1.6.05), connected my Virus via USB. The software update seemed to work fine on my Virus. But when I opened ProTools (12.6.0), and tried to insert a stereo instrument, the Virus does not show up in the plugin list- is there something I'm doing wrong? Have I missed a step?
thanks
As far as I know the new AAX plug-in format is not supported by the Virus TI software. I never had any luck with the TI in pro tools even with the RTAS version tbh. Pro tools 12 uses the AAX plug-in format so I'm afraid the virus will not work with it. I think you would have to go back to pro tools 10 or earlier versions that still use the RTAS plug-ins but I wouldn't bother because the RTAS version of the TI software is a complete pile of crap & doesn't work properly anyway.

Last edited by Berni : 20.12.2016 at 09:21 PM.