Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 31.10.2005, 12:41 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Little bugs in 1.05

1. User Arp is forgotten after save / close SX / open. It's visually there but you have to turn on and off every step then set again.

2. User Arp stops playing user pattern when: changing osc type, delay type, and posibly rev type. Easy to fix turn on and off one step in your user pattern.

3. Part pan is not set when loading project. It displays but not set. Easy to touch every pan pot set again.

4. LFOs don't stay in time when set to clock. They sound like they are but after 30secs or a minute the go out.

All this is when in Virus Control mode and using virus ASIO. It's seems alot more usable than 1.03 though.
Old 03.11.2005, 10:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Here's just some other observations

5. patch common volume set to zero and can still hear the patch. I thought this was different in the virus b, c.

6. dito 3. virus control midi volume is not remembered but displayed upon save and load.

7. Delay compenstaion goes out when in virus control / virus asio mode occasionally. You have to press the 'restrain delay comp' button in SX twice to get it back in sync.

7b. press the 'restrain delay comp' button in SX twice also realigns lfo to bpm sync so patches created with lfo sync sound like intended again.

8. has anyone got an 's' near their 'm' buttons in virus control? I dont.

9. Pressing the middle of the volume slider handle in virus control part midi volumes makes it jump left. The real haldle of the slider seems to be the right hand side of the fader handle. It shouldn't matter where you touch it.

New virus control feature idea.
have an audition button on each virus control part slot, it helps with quick mixing and part identification. Maybe right click part number.
Old 04.11.2005, 04:54 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs

8. has anyone got an 's' near their 'm' buttons in virus control? I dont.

New virus control feature idea.
have an audition button on each virus control part slot, it helps with quick mixing and part identification. Maybe right click part number.
No solo button here either.
Old 06.11.2005, 07:56 PM
New here
New here

I use Ableton Live 5.02:

10. If I use multiple outputs with VirusControl and route sounds to other than the USB1 and save the project and load it again, the assigned outputs in VirusControl have all changed back to their original USB1. It's very frustrating to use multiple outputs before this bug is fixed.

11. This is a weird one. If I put Korg Legacy Collection's MS-20 on one track, save the project and load it again, the virus will play about 32nd note out of sync. It plays the notes too late. This seems to happen only when I'm using MS-20
Old 08.11.2005, 01:30 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Hey this is my numbered list..

Number....
10. User definable arp: if you dont put a note on beat 1 you'll get one anyway for the first time you hit a key. If you hold it past the cycle length ie more than two bars, then you'll hear your pattern minus the '1'.
Old 08.11.2005, 08:53 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: Little bugs in 1.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
1. User Arp is forgotten after save / close SX / open. It's visually there but you have to turn on and off every step then set again.
Works here. I have an SX project with a user arp pattern that plays fine first time, every time.*

Quote:
5. patch common volume set to zero and can still hear the patch.
If the patch uses the Ringmodulator and/or Noise, these will still be audible with Patch Volume = 0, as they are mixed independently from the oscillators. There may even be an occasional sound which is modulating Patch Volume via a mod source, which may have a similar effect.

Quote:
10. User definable arp: if you dont put a note on beat 1 you'll get one anyway for the first time you hit a key.
Not here, so long as I only work with one user arp*. However, there are still problems with multiple user arps, which means that steps from one pattern can infect another.

*Might be worth updating to 3.1.1?
Old 08.11.2005, 08:54 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraku
I use Ableton Live 5.02:
11. This is a weird one. If I put Korg Legacy Collection's MS-20 on one track, save the project and load it again, the virus will play about 32nd note out of sync. It plays the notes too late. This seems to happen only when I'm using MS-20
I'd report this to Ableton as well - sounds to me like it could well be one of their bugs.
Old 08.11.2005, 10:13 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Ben, re 1. and 10. try and load the .fxp in the attached .rar

It's one user arp patch in slot one and -int- in all other slots.
I even switched -int- patch to arp patter 2 instead of the default 'user'.

I get 8th notes, not the visual user pattern that loads. Tested in Chainer, EnergyXT stand alone host and Cubase SX 3.01. I even tried to save the user arp into a RAM patch and it doesn't play user either (is that implemented as of 1.05?)
Attached Files
File Type: rar 923_1131448262.rar (1.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 08.11.2005, 11:00 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs

I get 8th notes, not the visual user pattern that loads. Tested in Chainer, EnergyXT stand alone host and Cubase SX 3.01. I even tried to save the user arp into a RAM patch and it doesn't play user either (is that implemented as of 1.05?)
OK - if I load in this .fxp it does the same here, yes. However, if I just save a project which uses the user arp, it always plays fine as soon as it loads.
Old 08.11.2005, 08:38 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Quote:
Originally Posted by grs

OK - if I load in this .fxp it does the same here, yes. However, if I just save a project which uses the user arp, it always plays fine as soon as it loads.
do you save to a RAM location or to ".mid" location?

marc