Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.05.2005, 07:17 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default virus ti... why are we waiting???

Its basically a sneaky marketing ploy by access to assure huge sales and interest not just when its released but upto a YEAR before its released!
I think that they never intended to release the TI late last year, but they did tell the world and even put a 2 page spread in S.O.S to get our mouths watering.. Show you a few pictures and you guys think WOW it must be close, time to sell the virus c and wait to purchase a TI!! I can think of at least 3 people I know who have put buying other synths on hold because they are waiting to see what the TI can do, and this is what Access intended all along... Release details extremely early, make fake release dates and get everyone to hold onto there dollars or even hand over money in PREORDERS while they work on the final TI !! The manual is another perfect example of this marketing ploy ... very very sneaky
Old 06.05.2005, 07:57 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I dont think thats personally true. As Ben has already mentioned, Access has recieved no money whatsoever from the pre-orders.

Even tho I think most of us knew it wouldnt be ready for December, and I think Access knew this also in thier heart of hearts I DONT think they thought it would take this long.

I believe they totally underestimated how hard it would be to implement the TI software and get it working correctly (or how they want it to work) on all the wide range of different hardware configurations there is about, which is basically very poor R&D on thier part.

Either way you look at it the facts are:

Access wants this thing shipping as much as we do, probably more so if the amount of emails and phone calls they get about the TI everyday (even if they do give an automated response) is anything to go by.

Even though they have said they wont, they SHOULD communicate more with customers about the problems they had/are having which I think would stop a lot of the bitching and show some sign of respect to the pre-order people/people holding out for the release. The silence thing is nearing on childish now and I really cannot see what they hope to achieve by not saying anything.

No matter how long they beta test the TI will be released with bugs anyway, its unavoidable. I just hope none are show stoppers that put even more egg on Access's faces, and that we have to wait another 6 months for another OS update or re-write.

When it comes down to it no matter how long it takes to ship the TI it WILL sell out immediately, with or without bugs. Previous versions of the virus have shown this and the following it now has is immense....everyone seems to want one. The tiny fraction of people who have cancelled their order to protest (achieving fuck all) or to buy other gear (fair enough) will be replaced by 30 other people all wanting on the virus bandwagon. So no matter how much Access fuck up this release (can they really make it any worse?) this virus TI WILL be a success.

ten
Old 06.05.2005, 05:44 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

thanks for saving me a lot of typing mate.
you are absolutely spot on ten.
its all just a little dissappointing really...

cheers

blay
Old 09.05.2005, 06:08 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

fair enuf Ten and Blay .Is this normal marketing practice by synth manufacturers? I havn't been in the game long so I wouldn't know, but I still think it could be a sneaky marketing ploy, even if access have not recieved a cent! People are certainly holding onto cash to throw at the Ti when it comes out, with or without bugs..
Old 09.05.2005, 08:24 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Its definately no marketing ploy. Access discontinued the VirusC back when the TI was announced, so they have had no income from a flagship product for nearly half a year. This is not good for any business and im sure they want it rectified as soon as possible.

They obviously want a solid product from day one, which is why its taking so long and I do respect them for that. Even if the harsh truth is no matter how long they spend on it it WILL ship with bugs anyway. Also they could have definately handled the passing of information during this delay a LOT better.

Either way, as I mentioned the virus has an immense following. A lot of fags (typically kvr users ) dont understand, but it has a sound and a quality that nothing else comes close to. And this is what the people want, and this is why they will wait in thier thousands, money in hand for that day.....the final day.....when the virus.....TI.....IS READY!!!

ten
Old 09.05.2005, 09:39 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Either way, as I mentioned the virus has an immense following. A lot of fags (typically kvr users icon_smile.gif ) dont understand, but it has a sound and a quality that nothing else comes close to. And this is what the people want, and this is why they will wait in thier thousands, money in hand for that day.....the final day.....when the virus.....TI.....IS READY!!! icon_wink.gif
Hey don't get me wrong, I understand the huge following the virus series has, infact when I had the money I ordered a virus Kc without even playing with one in store. The first lookwith my own eyes I ever got of the virus kc was as it came out of the box at my house!! Evidently my KC was made in the last production run ever..
Anyhow I will probly purchase a Ti after the hype dies down when it hits the streets , and I am certainly not trying to upset anyone with my ideas about access and there maketing strategies!
Old 09.05.2005, 10:07 AM

we are waiting cuz the synth looks sexy as hell

the presets on parade sounds sexy as hell

the video with ben crosland is "phat enough"

and all the other virus's were dope as hell