Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22.02.2013, 09:38 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Waldorf Rocket

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/0...gh-res-images/

This product already has the usuer manual avail for download at waldorf-music.de and the Pulse 2 is indeed still listed in same color schema and same as newly release Rocket. "And at €244 (€205 without VAT), due next month in advance of Frankfurt’s Musikmesse trade show..."

I suspect that The Pulse 2 will work as a partner in sonic crime with or without Rocket, and my only guessing here is, perhaps this will be how the Pulse 2 will achieve 8 voice paraphonic, again, just a guess.
This has true analog filters, vca, and in new trend, indeed a "hybrid". We need to remember that BEFORE Dave Smith's Evolver hybrid synth, Waldorf had started this digital/analog hybrid in first part of 90's with The Wave, and the Microwave 1, then in their Q+ in their first incarnation.At about same time in vintage synth history, Ensoniq were doing same, even mixing the hybrid with sampling but it also broke their backs, as it is never easy being an innovator, and Dave Smith's Sequential Prophet VS is another shining example of that plus it also is a shining example of just how "fickle" musicians and artists can be; forbearers of change but resistant to it at times as well! These are interesting times indeed! Am glad I decided to not preorder Korg MS20 and now will just wait and see what Spring unfolds and if anything like the Blofeld, not only to wait for all OS bugs sorted, but if I were a betting man (I am not); so am speculating that the inexpensive Rocket may very-well fund a keyboard-adorned Pulse 2/Rocket hardware synth...again, only speculating but what's interesting, in the Rocket's downloaded pdf manual very last page, it is signed off by Stefan Stenzel Dec 10, 2012!!!!
Yeah, I am excited! The link has a short sonic video and almost forgot...there's an VCF INPUT for external warming!!!!! PLAY LOUDLY!

Last edited by namnibor : 23.02.2013 at 03:32 AM.