Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 04.08.2003, 11:44 PM
This forum member lives here

i still say (not to be ignored this time blank!)...sell ya nova to me (for cheap) then buy a KS.....

u wont regret it!! im really trying to do u a favour here! let me help u out!!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 05.08.2003, 03:48 AM
Veteran
Veteran

how would that be doing me a favor? if the KS is so good why dont u buy one? its cheaper!!

I want to hear your argument for this!!

peace
Blank

BTW: Tomer this sint a money issue...it might take awhile for me to save up but i would rather get the full thing instead of buying lower versions of something and selling them later...as for the an1x i have the an200 which u can convert an1x sound for it works fine...
Old 05.08.2003, 05:50 AM

i was actually looking at the KS and....

it beats the nova in all areas, there are a few exceptions however...ill specify as a vs...

16 band vocoda vs 48 band....mmmm...u dont need more than 16 blank!

4 part multi vs 6....u have 9 synths..whats a few parts less hey!

nova can inport some supernova patches
vs KSs cant import jack shit......mmm no comment there...

the nova has 2 inputs vs the one on the KS.......who would really need more than one anyway blank!?! no one works in stereo these days...the next step is full mono tracks....everybody knows that!!

ok now where the KS dominates....

its silver!! blue is so late 90s...

hypersync.....ive heard this technology is by far the most cutting edge and dominating feature of any synth in the last 15 years!!!! and probably for the next 15 too.....the nova cant do this (r u getting closer to selling yet?)

it has FM!!! i can feel the nova getting closer to my grasp!!

its confusing having too many filter slopes, so in a brave move the KS has 2 easy to handle slopes.......the nova was just far too complicated!!

its also confusing to have too many appegiator paterns (let alone being able to program your own)...364 preset patterns is just too difficult to get your head around......so, the KS has the managable, easy to understand appegiator section....

i bet before u even finished reading this...u have already ordered the KS....

now just let me know how i can get the money to you for your old nova!

im glad i can help out by taking it off ya hands.....no need to thank me..
Old 05.08.2003, 07:55 AM
Veteran
Veteran

you missed the one thing...actually u put it in the wrong spot...I like the 3 env's all assignable on the nova except the 1'st one...[AMP]

Ill check it out soon...ill take a rid out to my local (far away) music store and try it then ill let u know...but just for the sack of argument how much r do u want it for? its not even a year old! Just to let u know!

peace
Blank
Old 05.08.2003, 08:02 AM

seriously blank..i wouldnt buy a KS specialy since u have a nova.....the KSs are great for the price...but the nova was a steal for the price....if u r seriously thinking of seeling i would put in a serious offer.....

my whole post was meant to highlight just how good i think the nova is!!! especially compared to the K-range of gear...
Old 05.08.2003, 09:30 AM
Veteran
Veteran

OH SHIT...i thought u were being serious and alot of the points were good thats is relating to me...i really dont need the vocoder because i have the ms2000 and the microkorg....and the 2 parts less is true what will that do for me, oh darn i cant have one more background sound that is if i ever use all of them...FM is important, and the sound of the KS i think is a bit bettter! But i do love my nova!!!

peace
Blank
Old 05.08.2003, 10:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

i dont think the q is something you will be dissapointed (did i write this word right?) with and the g2 is for sure something you will like
Old 05.08.2003, 03:03 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Machinegunjoe

Quote:
did you try the an1x? (yamaha thats right you heard me! ) one of the upcoming synths in trance right now coming back realy hard now
Do you know if the An1x and the CS6R is based on the same synth engine, and does the An1x sound a bit the same as the JP???

I tried the an1x a couple of years ago but i can't remember
Old 05.08.2003, 06:27 PM
Veteran
Veteran

The fact that my An200 can play the sounds of the An1x limits my ability to get the strength to buy it!!

peace
Blank
Old 13.12.2003, 08:59 AM
New here
New here

I own a Waldorf Q Rack (16-voice).

Likes: The quality of the oscillators - simply the best I have found in any VA synthesizer. The modulation matrix is deep and the degree of modulation allows for some really organic sounds. The fidelity of the sound is immediate and the character is electric and alive. Flexible filter section allows you to control inputs per osc, and the dual-filter bank is freely modulatable between serial and parallel configurations with stereo routing. As such, setups such as 48db/oct. lowpass or stereo panning comb filters can be realized. Fast envelopes. I like the endless rotaries for programming. The UI is fairly fluid. The wavetables are smooth in character, and their presence combined with FM and comb filters make this synth much more than an analog emulator...it is a powerful digital synth in its own right. The arpeggiator is very powerful and very programmable. The step-sequencer is a lot of fun, especially when driving the arp. Patch morphing. Digital S/PDIF out. Sounds great without effects, but the onboard mod fx, pattern delays and quality reverb add to the fun. Powerful vocoder. I find the design and color to be aesthetically pleasing and functional. Over 1000 patches available online.

Dislikes: I don't like the non-standard power cord. Sometimes I find the filters to be a little clinical in nature. The step-sequencer is limited since it does not have any kind of pattern chaining or remote recall. Endless rotaries are not as fun for live tweaking. No true power-switch - it uses a soft switch. FX params not destinations in the mod matrix. Audio input forces you to use a custom cable since it is a stereo 1/4" jack. 32-voice expansion is expensive. No wordclock in.