Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.04.2012, 09:36 AM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to cltd
Default How to operate Multi Mode in Snow?

Hello,
I write because I stucked.
What I want to do: I want to play Snow live. I would like to play Multi Program 1 (with 4 parts, each on own midi channel), then qucikly switch to Multi Program 2 (with other 4 parts), then to Multi Program 3 etc. etc, until, let say to Multi Program 64. It was so easy on Virus C. But this is pain on Snow, no help in manual.
1) How to set up Multi Programs in Snow? Is there any software like was SoundDiver for Virus C, where can I easily setup multi programs for Snow?
2) How to assign patches to individual parts? Everytime I change patch for one part, it became the same for all four parts or change to "Init".
3) Where can I see number for current Multi Program? In Virus C it was easy: every Multi has its own number, in Snow has not. No way to see which multi program of 64 goes on rigth now.

Thanks in advance for help. I spend few hours and I can't figure it out.
Old 16.04.2012, 06:36 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Post Here you go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltd View Post
What I want to do: I want to play Snow live. I would like to play Multi Program 1 (with 4 parts, each on own midi channel), then qucikly switch to Multi Program 2 (with other 4 parts), then to Multi Program 3 etc. etc, until, let say to Multi Program 64. It was so easy on Virus C. But this is pain on Snow, no help in manual.
Once you're on Multi mode, you use the upper 8 buttons to get groups 1-8 of Multi programs. Then, you use the lower 8 buttons to select a specific Multi Program.

Quote:
1) How to set up Multi Programs in Snow? Is there any software like was SoundDiver for Virus C, where can I easily setup multi programs for Snow?
Maybe you should check the Virus Control Center, which lets you write programs (I hope you can also write Multis)

Quote:
2) How to assign patches to individual parts? Everytime I change patch for one part, it became the same for all four parts or change to "Init".
The process seems tricky at first. You have two options:
1. Enter Edit mode (press Edit) and use button Multi (lower button # 6) You'll have several parameters to choose a Program, set MIDI channel and so on. This will begin with Part 1. When you need to modify another Part, press Part Button (it's on the right of the Edit button) and use the lower 4 buttons (those will be blinking) to choose another one. You'll still be on Edit Multi mode but this time you'll see the Part number on the upper rightmost position of the display.
2. You can make a fast change of the Bank (having same group and same number) if you press Bank button (located on the right of the Part button) and then you choose another ROM/RAM bank. If you order carefully your Programs, this can be a great way to change Programs for the Multi on the fly. If you need to change the Program for a different Part, you first use the Part button as I explained above.

Quote:
3) Where can I see number for current Multi Program? In Virus C it was easy: every Multi has its own number, in Snow has not. No way to see which multi program of 64 goes on rigth now.
The Multi programs (and Programs) in Snow have at least two numbers for unique identification: on the left of the Multi name, you see two numbers: the first is the group of the Multi (1-8, corresponding to upper buttons) and the second number is the specific Multi (1-8 corresponding to lower buttons) For Single Mode this is the same but additionally you have a ROM/RAM bank which is displayed on the left of the two numbers.
Old 16.04.2012, 08:10 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to cltd

Thanks a lot for help! I really appreciate... Unfortunately, Virus Control Center is very poor, can just backup/restore, burn whole banks to flash or update rom. No way to edit patches or manage multi. I found editor like this:
http://virus.info/forum/index.php?pa...&threadID=3362
..but it doesn't seem to work.