Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.12.2015, 09:32 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default HUGE Virus TI|2 price cuts... Virus TI|3 imminent?

TI|2 Polar is now £1,399 at www.DV247.com
TI|2 Kbd: £1,633
TI|2 Desktop: £1,182
Snow: £650.00

That's a massive cut from last year (see below). Stock levels seem extremely low too.

March 2014 prices:-
TI|2 Polar: £2,045
TI|2 kbd (unsure, but it was slightly more than the Polar at the time, if I recall)
TI|2 Desktop: £1,489
Snow: £825

That's a £650 drop for the TI2 Polar, a rough ~£500 drop for the TI2 kbd, £300 drop for the Desktop, and a £175 drop for the Snow.
Old 03.12.2015, 10:23 PM

Those are the best prices I've ever seen as well. They seem limited to that store though, everyone here in the US has the typical small percentage discount that pops up occasionally, at least as of this writing.

Not that it means anything, but Kemper looks to have reserved their usually unspectacularly-sized booth for NAMM 2016.

https://floorplan.namm.org/WN16/conv...andhotels.html

Would definitely like to see a new product announcement though.
Old 05.12.2015, 07:04 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Hello everyone!

Just checked on "thoman.de" and the prices are normal. Must be an isolated thing, it seems. The booth size is actually a very good indicator that there's nothing new coming up, at least within a certain time frame.

Still not a TI user here, so I don't pay much attention to their website. But has there been any updates to the TI range or anything new from them lately?

I'm afraid to say it's starting to look like a dead house still seating on their previous success. Nothing wrong with that, as it's still a very worthy instrument to get and there's still, presumably, lots of people getting them. But one can't help but feel that there must be something wrong with the company, seeing that they're way past their own traditional time frame between new models at this point and that there's no solid indication of this situation changing any time soon. Or is there?

Cheers
Old 05.12.2015, 08:06 PM

I think the main issue is just, in my experience, what happens when a very small company has its direction defined by whatever the owner/principal of that company wants to do.

I've been involved with startups and small companies that were like that. The founder of the company wanted to go in one direction, despite what the customers or other employees wanted, and because he's in charge everyone else has to do things his way.

I'm not saying this is necessarily Chris Kemper's attitude. For all we know he may have been secretly working on the next gen Virus. But for whatever reason it seems the focus for many years now is not on synthesizers. Right now Kemper wants to work on amps, so that's where the focus is for now. Who knows if synths will become his priority again. I'm guessing as long as the current models continue to sell, his motivation might be to ride the current horse as long as possible. Developing new products is expensive, so he might be reluctant to embark on new projects because of that.

We can only speculate, hope, and keep an eye out for new announcements. I'm sure if Access doesn't evolve the product line, eventually someone will come out with a competitor that takes the crown.
Old 07.12.2015, 04:39 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Juno.co.uk has a much better price...for a while now in fact.

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/acces...ard/527756-01/