Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 16.07.2010, 06:45 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default Ableton 8 Virus Snow Latency Workaround

Ableton 8
Virus Snow
PC
RME Fireface UC

Hi everyone,
I´m trying to find a workaround for this big latency problem that every Snow User knows.
The Problem is, I´m building my sounds in the virus and insert on the Miditrack my plugs.

But the latency(using USB out) makes it hard to actually work with it.
If I´m using the Analog Outs of the Virus, I cant hear the plugs of course, so I thought of inserting the same plugs on the audiochannel I´m recording on, but then I´d have to switch to Monitor Mode to hear something while I´m playing around, and monitoring leads to feedback. So I muted my monitoroutputs in my fireface, no feedback but too less signal input.
Anybody knows what I´m talking about? Same Problems? Ideas?

If I´m using my Cubase 5, I still have latency probs, but by far not as much as I do in Ableton. (I checked the Buffersize etc.)

Thanks for help or Ideas, it really sucks at the moment, so I can either work in Ableton without my Hardsynth or use it in Cubase....
Old 17.07.2010, 06:13 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I have shifted from Live 7.03 + Virus Control on a hi end PC laptop with WinXP to Logic Studio + Virus Control on a Mac mini and it is like night and day......the latency when playing my Polar when using the USB outs (+ plugins) in Logic is very acceptable compared with Live......I feel the timing of arp parts in Logic is far tighter aswell.......and I really like the overall sound from Logic.
Old 24.07.2010, 06:51 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Thanx for the respond!
Well, thats good for you then I guess, I tested it in Logic 8 as well, but I must say it is still not satisfying at all. I´m recording in Ableton now in 96Khz, that does a lil bit, but still I must say, BIG MINUS for the latency, obviously not just for the snow but also your Polar.