Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 22.12.2004, 06:36 PM
New here
New here

Default Logic Audio, Recording a Virus sequence to a WAV

So how exactly do you record the output of the Virus in Logic Platinum 5? ... I have the virus going to the Line In of my sound card and I hear it fine when I play the piece, but I have no idea how to record it into an audio track. Help
Old 23.12.2004, 12:50 AM
This forum member lives here

If you have the Virus (or any other sound) going in, and Logic is setup properly, then you should be able to press record and it'll start writing to disk. Works in the same way as a tape recorder.

Just select the audio track you wish to record on - select if you would like it stereo or mono. Press record and away you go.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 23.12.2004, 01:20 AM
New here
New here

Thanks for the reply but let me clarify:

I have sequenced a MIDI track in Logic with the MIDI OUT going to the Virus for that specific channel... I'd like to render this to a WAVE file... what's the proper way to set this up, as I am a total n00b when it comes to Logic.
Old 23.12.2004, 01:31 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

its like hollowcell said. you record it. you dont render the track. i dont use logic but in floops, in the mixer window theres a record button. i press it. i choose where to save the wav file. then i press record and play. i get the metronome clicks. floops plays back the sound of the virus and records the notes. voila. virus wav file.

i assume logic has a similar function.
Old 23.12.2004, 01:41 AM
New here
New here

Yeah, I did that... but Logic seems to want you to "wire" the 'input object' to the audi track up somehow, which apparently I am not doing and need help with.
Old 23.12.2004, 03:41 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

sorry mate, cant help you there im afraid. logic is a bit much for my fruity shaped brain there should be some other users here on other forums that use logic. the osxaudio forums have alot of logic users that may be able to help you out.
Old 23.12.2004, 03:50 AM
New here
New here

Problem solved. Logic = gone. Cubase SX = installed, and might I say, a very handsome and way more intuitive program
Old 23.12.2004, 04:05 AM

all you had to do was assign the input of an audio track to the assigned inputs on your soundcard that the virus is going into, enable the track and hit record.
Old 23.12.2004, 10:59 AM

I think you will find SX works better MIDI wise.....

Good move

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 23.12.2004, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
I think you will find SX works better MIDI wise...
IMO, Sx is cant beat logic in the midi dept. Once you get your head around the environment in logic, there is not anything you cant do to and with MIDI. SX may be the easier alternative if you are not willing to put in the time required to learn logic. I am not trying to say SX sux by any means, just saying IMO logic is better for the MIDI environment.