Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 24.04.2009, 09:53 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Hi Paul, I've just seen this, I will download tomorrow and look.

You're right about Unison, but I fear that Unison in the Virus works differently than in soft synths. I still feel it is all to do with resources. The Virus has a finite amount of resource (like everything) and it is being asked to produce too many notes than the dsp is confortable with. I think that Access are optimising the code to the limit, and as a result certain circumstances are causing problems. I have read that the TI 2 still has issues, which is good and bad. Good that we haven't been hung out to dry as the earlier adopters, but bad that problems still remain.

Incidentally, did you ever get a response from Access Support??

Regards

Mike
Old 25.04.2009, 02:35 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

either way u want, just label your file if is a midi bounce or VC.. ive got 4 people so far that have duplicate problems, each on a slightly different mac. All Logic 8 though.
Old 25.04.2009, 11:30 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default off topic = Trance Energy Sydney

heh Sean
saw your set at the Sydney Trance Energy the other week, early in the morning. Very nice set.......At one point you were playing some killer tune which sounded like it was not much more than a 4x4 kick but with a solid rhythm/groove to it. Like to know how to get that sound.

Last edited by synthfiend : 25.04.2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: rethink
Old 25.04.2009, 11:33 PM
Complete Newbie

hey Sean, just sent you a PM with the tests. still having the same MIDI timing issues as before. VC mode works relatively fine, unison mode issues notwithstanding.

good luck with access support on this one. maybe when i have more time i'll try again with support, although they've brushed me off consistently. not very encouraging.
Old 26.04.2009, 02:58 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totty View Post
Hi Paul, I've just seen this, I will download tomorrow and look.

You're right about Unison, but I fear that Unison in the Virus works differently than in soft synths. I still feel it is all to do with resources. The Virus has a finite amount of resource (like everything) and it is being asked to produce too many notes than the dsp is confortable with. I think that Access are optimising the code to the limit, and as a result certain circumstances are causing problems. I have read that the TI 2 still has issues, which is good and bad. Good that we haven't been hung out to dry as the earlier adopters, but bad that problems still remain.

Incidentally, did you ever get a response from Access Support??

Regards

Mike
no response STILL which is starting to look fishy.... and its definitely not a dsp issue, for two reasons: 1) this problem is not occuring in Ableton, the same midi pattern plays back 100% rock solid and tight and 2) it happens even when the VC is the only thing loaded up in my virus session with just 1 part being used. If I can cause a dsp overload with a 3 note chord on 1 part, I demand every penny back from access for making such a joke of a product, when they were bragging upon release about the massive amount of dsp in there.
Old 26.04.2009, 03:00 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthfiend View Post
heh Sean
saw your set at the Sydney Trance Energy the other week, early in the morning. Very nice set.......At one point you were playing some killer tune which sounded like it was not much more than a 4x4 kick but with a solid rhythm/groove to it. Like to know how to get that sound.
HAHHA wow it's really rare to bump into people into the scene on tech forums! cool! I think the track u mentioned is my new one called Rulebook. Its up in my myspace player: www.myspace.com/seantyas

Let me know if that's the sound you mean.
Old 02.05.2009, 09:24 AM
Very mucho Newbie

FINALLY got some response from access after sending him examples of 5 different systems results, all with same problem, lets hope this problem is even POSSIBLE to fix:

"
Dear Sean,
Our R&D department is investigating this ongoing right now.
I also will take another look on the latest files you sent at the 25th. I'm a bit smashed with work therefore I'm sorry for the late response.

I can't really tell more at the very moment.
"
So guys, let's wait and see, maybe it can be fixed
Old 03.05.2009, 05:24 PM
Complete Newbie

interesting, i have also finally had word back from support (after having to contact them yet again 4 months later). Joerg has been able to reproduce the MIDI timing issue using the USB port, which is great news, as it rules out any possibility of it being at all related to any of my MIDI interfaces.

now, as you say Sean, we wait and see. the last time i contacted support, the R&D people were conveniently unable to reproduce the issue. however, now that Joerg has been successful, i'm hoping we'll see some real progress soon. or, at the very least have a definitive answer one way or another. i'm crossing my fingers.
Old 06.05.2009, 07:21 AM
Very mucho Newbie

If it ends up unfixable, consider my TI for sale... I basically bought the TI to take the strain off my computer for sounds... if it cant even handle 1 part, its a joke.

Not a fan of how they marketed this a DSP "monster", I have more dsp on my iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkeeley View Post
interesting, i have also finally had word back from support (after having to contact them yet again 4 months later). Joerg has been able to reproduce the MIDI timing issue using the USB port, which is great news, as it rules out any possibility of it being at all related to any of my MIDI interfaces.

now, as you say Sean, we wait and see. the last time i contacted support, the R&D people were conveniently unable to reproduce the issue. however, now that Joerg has been successful, i'm hoping we'll see some real progress soon. or, at the very least have a definitive answer one way or another. i'm crossing my fingers.
Old 06.05.2009, 11:04 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

There is actually quite a bit of DSP power in a Virus.
Lets keep this in perspective guys, this is clearly a bug and not intended behaviour for the synth.
I am sure Access will come through for you. :>

-Annikk