Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 10.02.2015, 01:39 AM
New here
New here

Default Access Virus C operating system update problem

Hello everybody, I recently updated my Access Virus C to OS 5.5 version, but I have a problem when I turn the knobs , the value does not work correctly for example min0 to max127, before of this update it worked perfectly , but now i have this problem!

PS : I anyone have old versions like 5.0 or before, i m not find in any place please!, if someone can send me another OS to Access Virus C thanks !

Here is my e-mail adress for send OS: roneimusic@hotmail.com
Old 10.02.2015, 12:12 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi Ronei, welcome to the forum. The latest OS version for Virus C is 6.5

You can download it from the original Access Music website (http://www.virus.info/downloads )

If for some reason you are unable to do so, I've temporarily uploaded OS 6.5 (English version) for you http://www.infekted.org/virus/files/...50x352_INT.zip

As for the knobs not working correctly, could be a couple of things:-

Firstly back up your patches as I'm unsure if this will reset them. Once you've done so, turn off the Virus. Then turn the Virus back on while holding down the LFO 'shape' button. This carries out a system reset. The manual mentions: "No data will be lost during this procedure, although some global system settings such as 'Global channel' will be reset".

If that doesn't work, the onboard knobs may simply be de-activated. Try this:-

Hit the CTRL or System edit buttons, then go through the menus (using the "Parameter" arrow keys) until you see:

1 MIDI
Panel = MIDI

Then use the Value arrow keys to make Panel = Int+MIDI

'Int' stands for internal (meaning local control), so setting it 'Int & MIDI' means you can use both the onboard knobs and external MIDI to change parameters.
Old 10.02.2015, 07:35 PM
New here
New here

Smile Problem solved

First thank you! Timo!, you helped me a lot!!!, and on the problem of knobs , it disappeared when I upgraded to OS 6.5 , I do know we not OS 6.5 available in own official site access music , I have a register there, but it's not working download link!, so thanks again! for posting the download link! =D
Old 10.02.2015, 11:25 PM
Administrator

No worries. Any more queries let us know.

OS v6+ for Virus C should give you additional new arpeggiator patterns (>64), 1-6 pole analog (Moog style) emulated resonant multimode filters, and PureTuning, if I remember. The latter is great in cases when playing chords with heavy distortion - gets rid of the usual, discordant beating of frequencies that you would normally get - sounds really... pure. However it can sound overly surgical (digital and cold) for other purposes as it also eliminates the warm analogue-esque frequency instabilities that are programmed into the usual Virus' oscillators. Shame PureTuning isn't available on a per-patch level, rather than a global one.

Anyway, that's Timo's top tip for today, hehe.

Actually, I remember the Winter NAMM show that Ben Crosland demo'd the new filters on the then new OS v6.5 all the way back in 2004. The 1-pole analog filter is truly evil. Uploaded it for posterity. Sorry for the quality (source video was really lo-fi to begin with, RealPlayer, remember them? ha).

Old 11.02.2015, 12:02 PM
Veteran
Veteran

It's a beta version, but never had any trouble with it - always had it installed! Welcome home buddy! Cheers
Old 13.02.2015, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Isn't OS 6.6 the beta version? I just found that one, didn't see it before. Looks like it addressed arp timing.

OS 6.5 is listed under Operating Systems (admittedly their menu system is very convoluted), I assumed that was the final full version.
Old 14.02.2015, 02:26 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Indeed! That's the one I have! Never had another! If there are any bugs on it, never ever noticed them. Think it's a go, otherwise they'd probably have came up with another one, with some bug fixes or whatever.
Old 14.02.2015, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Thanks Tweak.

In that case, temporarily uploaded Virus C OS v6.6 for you, Ronei, if you're still having problems with Access' site.

http://www.infekted.org/virus/files/...OSC660x367.zip

Make sure you read the readme's contained within beforehand.