Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 06.07.2007, 08:23 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Question Patches aren't playing correctly

Hey guys,

System:
Cubase 4.0.3
Virus TI 2.0.5
- Driver: 2.8.4

Short version:
Basically upon saving and reloading, one of my patches in my song is playing all fucked up and nothing I do fixes it. I never messed with any parameters after creating it.

Details:
Yesterday it played awesome... I mixed down a copy of the song into a 16 bit 44.1kHz wav file to burn to a cd. Sounded great on the CD but the vocals needed to be touched up. A few hours later I booted my system back up and one of my patches is all screwed up. Its fading in and out and the cutoff is turned about 30% up. Also, It sometimes sounds like its going through a reverb channel though its not.

Things I've Tried:
Reverting to an older version of the song.
Extracting Midi Data (Cleared Automation).
Recreating the patch.
Deleting the midi track and re writing it.
Putting the patch on a different channel.
Complete System Restore.

Somebody please help me before I rip my face off.

Thanks,
Dan

p.s. If it comes down to it, I have a version of the sound playing correctly and a version playing messed up that I can upload... If I must.
-Cubase 5.0.1
Access Virus TI OS 3.0.3
Moog Voyager
Old 07.07.2007, 12:57 PM
New here
New here

Hi, i have the exact same problem it sounds like, from reading your description. For some reason it has only happend 3 times- in 2 differnt songs, and once i managed to make the afflicted sound save as the right one again in a track I made, by loading and saving it a number of times. However in a differnt song I couldnt seem to make it stay. By this I mean one of the sounds has like you say some slight change in cuttoff, and a reverb sound added for some reason... so i reload the original sound from the synth and save the song again (cubase sx3) but then once i load the track again it reverts back to the changed sound. Very strange and annoying. Anyway im glad to see someone else in the same boat as I was gunna make a thread about this but thought i would be alone in it.
Old 11.07.2007, 05:49 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Unhappy

Yeah it sucks... I fixed every sound but one. I like to make my own sounds but this one happened to be a ROM patch. Now even the ROM patch sounds different, I am sure of it because my old mix down has the original sound on it.

I was curious, so I started a brand new cubase song and opened up that ROM patch and it still sounds fucked.

Weird.

I hope an update fixes this.
-Cubase 5.0.1
Access Virus TI OS 3.0.3
Moog Voyager
Old 11.07.2007, 07:06 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

just curious, but have either of you guys contacted access about this?
Old 06.08.2007, 11:34 PM
New here
New here

Im experiencing this very same problem right now....its a real pain in the arse and very unrealiable!

Did anyone suss it out?
Old 09.08.2007, 03:54 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

if its a ROM patch you're having bother with then do a power reset, if that doesn't work you may well ahve tweaked some parameters to get the first sound.

one thing I have noticed that if any knob encoder is on the edge of a change then you can unwittingly alter parameterd, the worst is the softknobs or modwheel. I suspect that the modwheel etc are the route cause of such things but please if you all have the same issue all contact access, especially if youo have a sample before and after or the chances are nobody will ever fix it.