Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.09.2008, 09:37 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Default What's on the display of the TI (Snow)?

First off: I just picked up my Snow this weekend (so I've been playing with it for 2 days) and I'm positively stunned. It just sounds so good - so much better than any of my VST instruments.

I'm not worthy - I'm not worthy!

Now.. the documentation that ships with it (both as hardcopy and as PDF files) is good, but rather limited. I've been trying to figure out the meaning of the symbols that appear on the display but to no avail.

E.g. the little 5-segment gauge seems to be linked to DSP load, but I can't seem to find any logic in its behavior. And what to the other symbols next to it mean?

I'm a bit lost here. My little virus is trying to tell me things, but I don't understand him!
Old 08.09.2008, 01:23 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

well i cant really tell you why or how but the little 5-segment gauge seems to be linked to DSP load.

One or Two bar patches have a higher polyphony than the ones with the full gauge, polyphony is shared between all the voices.

try to optimise your patches dsp load by setting the required play mode for each voice, for example most basslines are played in mono so the poly setting is not needed, so you can save dsp by changing its play mode to mono 1/2/3 etc...

the analog filter mode, fx like reverb, hypersaw osc are pretty hangry on the dsp especially on the snow which has half of the TI desktop dsp chips.
Old 08.09.2008, 02:34 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolektor1 View Post
One or Two bar patches have a higher polyphony than the ones with the full gauge, polyphony is shared between all the voices.
Thanks, so it's actually an indication of the complexity/dsp-requirement of the patch. That makes sense.

At first I thought it was a realtime indication of current DSP-load because I saw it change up and down without changing patches. So it looked like a load-meter to me.

Then there are some other little icons next to it, a little rectangle with an arrow going into it and two stacked rectangles iirc. I have *no* clue what they mean.

Can someone point me to a more comprehensive manual of the Virus TI which may explain such things?
Old 08.09.2008, 07:17 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

See quote below taken from the Virus TI OS Revision 2.0 Addendum

Patch Complexity Indicator
Playmode on the Virus TI hardware contains a new icon indicating the complexity of the current patch, analysing the available polyphony at your disposal. Similar to the battery status icon on a mobile phone, the icon shows between one and five bars where one bar stands for a rather "cheap" sound and five for a pretty "expensive" one.

Not sure if any of the other info you need is in there, but here's a link to it.

http://www.gobo.dsl.pipex.com/AddendumOS2.pdf

Ta

Jules
Old 22.12.2009, 08:50 PM
Pro
Pro

hi guys...sorry about bringing up this old post,but i have the same question and i found this post through the search section....
I found info on the forum about the 5 bar meter, then the numbers 01 - 04 are the part numbers.....but i can find info on what the other 2 icons are on the display of the TI snow are..the - 2 rectangles and then - the arrow pointing to the semi circle icon..
i thought maybe RAM or ROM.....cant figure it out....anybody figured it out ??

thanks...
Old 22.12.2009, 10:16 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrinoland View Post
hi guys...sorry about bringing up this old post,but i have the same question and i found this post through the search section....
I found info on the forum about the 5 bar meter, then the numbers 01 - 04 are the part numbers.....but i can find info on what the other 2 icons are on the display of the TI snow are..the - 2 rectangles and then - the arrow pointing to the semi circle icon..
i thought maybe RAM or ROM.....cant figure it out....anybody figured it out ??

thanks...
a) multi or sequencer mode
b) "Total Integration Mode"

r
Old 22.12.2009, 11:10 PM
Pro
Pro

great...thank you...
Old 22.12.2009, 11:11 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

While we're here, that expired link to the older TI OS2 addendum can also be got here: http://www.infekted.org/virus/files/AddendumOSv2.pdf